That’s all Apple’s fault.
JansFault.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t remember be able to buy anything in any apps on an Apple device besides Apple things.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Maybe you're thinking their old version of the disc-to-digital app? I seem to recall we used to be able to buy D2D in a dedicated app several years ago, not the regular Vudu video app.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Anyone else having problems w/ their (non-merged) Vudu accounts?

Mine seems to have lost significant account info (at least according to their website) and won't allow me to purchase anything anymore. Seems it also won't let me re-add the info properly.

Wondering if they broke that for accounts that don't do a merge w/ FandanoNow.

Still able to access my library though, but just not buy anything more...

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Mine seems to have lost significant account info (at least according to their website) and won't allow me to purchase anything anymore. Seems it also won't let me re-add the info properly.

_Man_
I don't buy much through Vudu, but did purchase Frankenstein in 4K just yesterday with no issues.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bought four movies on Vudu last week to get the upgrades on iTunes and they all worked.
Your account didn’t merge properly?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

_Man_
I would try either clearing the cache in your browser or try a different browser.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I bought four movies on Vudu last week to get the upgrades on iTunes and they all worked.
Your account didn’t merge properly?

I didn't do a merge at all, but seems like maybe they broke something w/ their site since around then perhaps only affecting those who didn't do the merge?

I would try either clearing the cache in your browser or try a different browser.

Tried that (w/ MS Edge on PC and also mobile Safari on my iPhone) to no avail.

Also just tried doing the merge to see if that helps, but the link they sent me to confirm the old FandangoNow account doesn't seem to work -- tried 2x, and both links just seem to hang forever doing whatever, if anything, they're doing (or not).

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I didn't do a merge at all, but seems like maybe they broke something w/ their site since around then perhaps only affecting those who didn't do the merge?

Tried that (w/ MS Edge on PC and also mobile Safari on my iPhone) to no avail.

Also just tried doing the merge to see if that helps, but the link they sent me to confirm the old FandangoNow account doesn't seem to work -- tried 2x, and both links just seem to hang forever doing whatever, if anything, they're doing (or not).

_Man_

To clarify, I normally use Chrome on the PC, but it's not working right on MS Edge nor mobile Safari (in exactly the same way) either. Also, the Vudu app for Windoze isn't working right either -- it seems a slight bit better, but still won't actually let me buy a movie nor redeem a GC (I did manage to buy separately).

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
THAT TOUCH OF MINK still has not been upgrade. I've sent 2 email and no response.
Vudu's support is severely backlogged due to thousands of other customers having similar issues. My ticket is over a month old and it hasn't even been assigned to a Tier 2 agent yet.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm sending a letter (yes, a letter) to CEO Paul Yanover of Fandango today, since they completely F'd this merger up unnecessarily, and the lack of response or follow-thru so far has been unacceptable.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I think I may just get my CC bank after Vudu for a refund for my GC purchase if they don't respond to my emailed support request very soon... and then probably completely give up trying to buy anymore digitals from them...

Had wanted to buy at least Frankenstein in 4K for $5 over the weekend, but that sale's over now...

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm sending a letter (yes, a letter) to CEO Paul Yanover of Fandango today, since they completely F'd this merger up unnecessarily, and the lack of response or follow-thru so far has been unacceptable.
Hopefully Fandango is more responsive that Vudu. I had multiple terrible experiences with Vudu customer support long before this merger. I gave up ever expecting any help from them -- they made the airlines and cable TV industries look good in comparison.
I think I may just get my CC bank after Vudu for a refund for my GC purchase if they don't respond to my emailed support request very soon... and then probably completely give up trying to buy anymore digitals from them...

Had wanted to buy at least Frankenstein in 4K for $5 over the weekend, but that sale's over now...

_Man_
I got a refund on a Vudu purchase via my credit card company once for a Vudu purchase after getting no help from Vudu CS, so that's probably your best bet for resolving your issue.

As for purchasing now through Vudu, I only do it under very particular circumstances -- (1) the price must be as cheap as anything I would ever see at iTunes, (2) it must be in 4K (because Vudu doesn't give free 4K upgrades like Apple), and (3) it must be a Movies Anywhere title. All three of these criteria happen rarely, so I do not buy from Vudu very often. I did buy Frankenstein in 4K for $5 last weekend, but that is the only item I have purchased from them in many months.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I got a refund on a Vudu purchase via my credit card company once for a Vudu purchase after getting no help from Vudu CS, so that's probably your best bet for resolving your issue.

Thanks for the heads-up on that.

As for purchasing now through Vudu, I only do it under very particular circumstances -- (1) the price must be as cheap as anything I would ever see at iTunes, (2) it must be in 4K (because Vudu doesn't give free 4K upgrades like Apple), and (3) it must be a Movies Anywhere title. All three of these criteria happen rarely, so I do not buy from Vudu very often. I did buy Frankenstein in 4K for $5 last weekend, but that is the only item I have purchased from them in many months.

Yep, the only exception I make to that is for TV series. Vudu does seem to offer better (or more frequent) sales on those -- at least the limited stuff of interest to me -- and there's no free upgrade to 4K for those on iTunes AFAIK. Not even sure if any TV series are in 4K on those platforms. And I have ended up defaulting to Vudu for my small collection of TV series on digital (much of it from DC code redemptions)...

They do also seem to have at least as "frequent" (for lack of a better word) worthwhile sales on 4K Disney/Pixar/Marvel movies as iTunes, and that's actually what I bought a bunch a couple months back when they also had a 20%-off sale on GCs, which combined to knock my price down to ~$6/title.

But yeah, a sale priced GC (15%-off bought over the weekend) would be worthless if I can't actually use it at all (anymore) when those infrequent sales happen...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks