What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Good news for streaming fans – Kevin Shapela, EVP, Chief Financial Officer at Fandango announced today that the Vudu app will be launching “soon” on Fire TV devices.
Shapela stated in the press release, “We want Vudu fans to be able to watch movies and TV shows on all of their favorite devices, and Fire TV has been one of our customers’ most-requested devices for streaming content. With Vudu’s vast library of premium content from new release event movies to favorite films and TV shows, we are excited to deliver to Fire TV users so many new viewing options to watch in their living rooms, many in breathtaking 4K.”
FandangoNow launched on Fire TV devices this time last year, allowing FandangoNow users to view their library on Amazon’s devices, but restricted users from purchasing or renting titles on the service. Vudu, which was acquired by Comcast-owned Fandango last year, will have similar restrictions on Amazon’s platform, although users will still be able to purchase and rent...

Continue reading...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I read this today with great pleasure. I know a lot of people sideloaded the app onto the Firestick, but I'd like a legit app.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Last night, I took the Fire stick off my bedroom TV and replaced it with a Roku. Funny how this was announced the next day, as the lack of an official Vudu app really bugged me.

I am planning on putting that Fire stick in the kids' playroom, so not allowing purchases on the Vudu app is actually a plus for me there.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The lack of this app is one of the main reasons I never bought an Amazon Fire device and instead bought Roku devices for all my displays -- I have one Apple TV 4K, as well. I am glad to see this finally happening for Amazon Fire owners, but it's way too late to be of interest to me. And we own numerous Amazon Echo devices scattered throughout the house, so it's not as if we want to avoid the Amazon ecosystem.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Vudu app arrived on my Fire TV devices today! 4K, HDR, and Atmos appear to be fully supported. The User Interface is a little different than what you may be used to on Roku or Apple TV, with only My Vudu, Movies, TV, and Settings available on the left column.

The My Vudu category retains Kids Mode, My Watchlist, My Movies, My TV, My Wishlist, and My Preorders. Missing from the category are the Lists and Offers subcategories.

Movies and TV only have a Filters option allowing you to filter by MPAA Rating, Release Year, Genre, Tomatometer, and Age Rating, and Sort by Most Watched or Release Date.

Settings only offers Account Logout, Family Settings (Set/Change PIN, Parental Controls, Kids Mode), Playback Settings (Autoplay On/Off, Closed Captions), and About (offering Build Version and Device ID).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks