What's new

Fandango purchases Vudu! (2 Viewers)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm sure they'll fix this just as quickly as they've fixed my James Bond issue.
I had a support ticket open with them for over a year regarding an incorrect item they shipped to me as part of their old Disc + Digital program. The last update was that it was being escalated to the next level. After over a year, they just closed the ticket without doing anything.

Vudu's customer service makes the cable and airline industries look good in comparison.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, hopefully, the change in ownership and increasing popularity of streaming will push Vudu to do better... though most of us are mainly sending our $$$ to Apple anyway unless Vudu makes a fairly drastic, customer-friendly, long-term change/push (ala Apple's promise of free 4K upgrades and actually deliver on it) I guess...

For me, their catalog of smaller indies and foreign films also seems very sorely lacking as that's where much of my $$$ have gone w/ Apple/iTunes...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I had a support ticket open with them for over a year regarding an incorrect item they shipped to me as part of their old Disc + Digital program. The last update was that it was being escalated to the next level. After over a year, they just closed the ticket without doing anything.

Vudu's customer service makes the cable and airline industries look good in comparison.
With the whole "new licensing issue" now may be a good time to bring it up again....

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
With the whole "new licensing issue" now may be a good time to bring it up again....
Not in my particular case. They shipped me a DVD instead of a BD via Walmart when they had their Digital + Disc program -- it was a long story. I ended up getting my money back by filing a complaint with my credit card company because Vudu was no help.

I had another issue that they never resolved, either. I gave up contacting their customer support.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I just did my merge and my Vudu movie count went up by 2 or 3. I only had 5 movies I had purchased or redeemed at FN and all were MA - Star Wars 1 and 4, Great Gatsby, The Killers, and Les Mis. But none of those show any differently in Vudu.

However, I now have double entries for Vertigo and Boondock Saints, both of which I purchased through Vudu, probably D2D for both. For Vertigo I have "Vertigo" and "Vertigo (1958)". Boondock Saints shows an R version that's part of MA, and an Unrated version that's not. I do know that the movie was part of MA when I got it but is no longer but was grandfathered in.

Looks like Magnificent Ambersons finally got bumped up to HDX on Vudu.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like Magnificent Ambersons finally got bumped up to HDX on Vudu.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. It might say it's HDX, but I have a feeling playback will show it's still in SD. They don't even have that movie in HDX. Its one of my many Vudu titles that lists as HDX, but still playback in SD.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I wouldn't be too sure about that. It might say it's HDX, but I have a feeling playback will show it's still in SD. They don't even have that movie in HDX. Its one of my many Vudu titles that lists as HDX, but still playback in SD.
I'm having a similar issue with Leon: The Professional (the official name of the extended cut). Vudu shows I own the UHD, shows the UHD should playback in 4K only, but plays in HDX. When I go to select the resolution I want to watch, only HDX and SD are available.

Both Labyrinth and Bridge on the River Kwai had the same issue early last week, but have been resolved after logging my rather large ticket of movies with issues.

I checked my list this morning, and nothing has changed since early Friday when Collateral was bumped up to DD+ 5.1 audio on HDX.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Those Vudu titles are currently only available in SD on Vudu. Hell, the Vudu site doesn't even list Bon Voyage! as available in any format including SD. The Great Locomotive Chase is only available in SD on Vudu. Also, The Thin Man is another of my titles that is only available in SD, though, it's listed as me owning it in HDX. :(
Check out your Great Locomotive Chase now. All the titles Vudu had changed my status to “HDX owned” are finally actually playing back in HDX now. So my original speculation that Vudu was preparing to transition those titles to HDX was correct.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Check out your Great Locomotive Chase now. All the titles Vudu had changed my status to “HDX owned” are finally actually playing back in HDX now. So my original speculation that Vudu was preparing to transition those titles to HDX was correct.
None of my issues have been corrected yet, other than those I reported as fixed on 8/9.
Yeah, only one of my 39 titles has been corrected now which is "Stage Door".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks