What's new

Vudu Vudu changing name to Fandango At Home (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sorry if there is already a topic on Vudu but I didn’t see it.
Just got an email saying they are changing the name to Fandango At Home in a few weeks.

IMG_3216.png

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeah, I just got that e-mail, too. I guess I will have to scrap and rewrite/reshoot my episode on Vudu that I was just about to post.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

What happened to Vudu?​

Vudu is now Fandango at Home! Our name’s changing, but your experience remains the same.

What will happen to my library and account now that Vudu is Fandango at Home?​

All your movies and TV shows from Vudu will remain in your Fandango at Home Library. Nothing in your account will change, however you will now have the option to link your Fandango and Fandango at Home logins.

Can Fandango ticketing gift cards be used on Fandango at Home?​

At the moment, you cannot use Fandango gift cards for Fandango at Home purchases. Although we still haven’t determined whether you eventually will be able to use Fandango gift cards for Fandango at Home purchases, we are nonetheless working on more ways to connect Fandango and Fandango at Home in the future – so stay tuned!

Does Vudu’s name change to Fandango at Home impact the way I use Vudu?​

Nope! Continue using Vudu as you always have. Vudu is still the best place to stream over 250,000 movies and TV shows from the comfort of your home, and on the go!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Agreed. Then why even change the name?
Comcast is probably planning more layoffs at Fandango by merging the support teams for Fandango ticketing and Vudu streaming to save money, and they are hoping to offer movie ticket plus digital copy deals that FandangoNow and Fandango used to offer by rebranding Vudu.

I think we know that customer support is likely to get even worse, if that is even possible.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have a gift card balance at VUDU. Will I still be able to use it?

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Can Fandango ticketing gift cards be used on Fandango at Home?

At the moment, you cannot use Fandango gift cards for Fandango at Home purchases. Although we still haven’t determined whether you eventually will be able to use Fandango gift cards for Fandango at Home purchases, we are nonetheless working on more ways to connect Fandango and Fandango at Home in the future – so stay tuned!
If they don't make the Fandango and Fandango at Home/Vudu gift cards interchangeable, then this whole endeavor seems pointless. Fandango gift cards have been much easier to obtain than Vudu cards (although Vudu has gotten a lot better since the Fandango takeover.)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
While I am not sure it's possible for Vudu's customer service to get worse, I am pretty certain that Comcast is not the company to make it better.
Believe me, it is worse. If you have an issue that Customer Care cannot resolve over the phone, your issue will then be "escalated" to the next level of support. The problem is, I have had many cases escalated to their next level, only to have them re-escalated numerous times in the hopes that someone will actually respond "this time."

Albert Einstein once said that doing the exact same thing time and time again and expecting a different result was the very definition of insanity. It is also the definition of Fandango at Home Customer Care.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I've noticed something with the Vudu/FAH app on my TV the last few days. Whenever I first try to open the app, I just get a blue or gray screen and nothing loads. I have to go "force stop" the app and then start it again, and it'll load up properly that time.

It could be any number of variables, but I don't recall having this issue (at least not so consistently) before the rebrand.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I've noticed something with the Vudu/FAH app on my TV the last few days. Whenever I first try to open the app, I just get a blue or gray screen and nothing loads. I have to go "force stop" the app and then start it again, and it'll load up properly that time.

It could be any number of variables, but I don't recall having this issue (at least not so consistently) before the rebrand.
It's happening to me, too using a Sony X900H.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks