What's new

Vudu FandangoNOW Fandango at Home (formerly Vudu) Customer Service Issues (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Hey everyone! I am gathering information on issues with Customer Service at Fandango at Home, formerly Vudu for an upcoming episode of my Streaming News & Views YouTube channel.

Have you had any issues with Vudu/FAH?
Did the issue/issues ever get resolved?
How long did it take for a resolution?
What is your impression of their customer service?
And pretty much anything else you want to say about the company, good or bad.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I wish they allowed for a gift card balance instead of just allowing three gift cards with a max of $100 on each. Sometimes I want to take advantage of deals on lower priced gift cards, but I don't want to minimize my total gift card balance.

Hopefully with the rebranding, they will finally consolidate their gift cards and allow regular Fandango gift cards to also work at the service formerly known as Vudu.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I wish they allowed for a gift card balance instead of just allowing three gift cards with a max of $100 on each. Sometimes I want to take advantage of deals on lower priced gift cards, but I don't want to minimize my total gift card balance.

Hopefully with the rebranding, they will finally consolidate their gift cards and allow regular Fandango gift cards to also work at the service formerly known as Vudu.
Not exactly what I am looking for.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve said this previously.

I’ve called VUDU customer service a few times. Each time it was for a film that I purchased that was in the wrong AR or had some other issue.

I was immediately refunded without any issues and the reps couldn’t have been nicer.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I’ve said this previously.

I’ve called VUDU customer service a few times. Each time it was for a film that I purchased that was in the wrong AR or had some other issue.

I was immediately refunded without any issues and the reps couldn’t have been nicer.
How recently?

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have had issues getting it to launch. I believe it was over the weekend that I could not see my library and was not logged in. I could not login on any of my devices (TV, Roku & iPhone). I was able to login the next day. I looked in on it yesterday and had to login all over again. This is a pain because my password is long and complicated. Something seems amiss with the Fandango switchover.

---EDIT---
Just launched VUDU/Fandango and it is again requiring me to login. Obviously, something is messed up with the app.

Last edited:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Have you had any issues with Vudu/FAH?
Yes, I bought the James Bond movies in 4K and The Man With The Golden Gun had a bad reel change and Tomorrow Never Dies had the 5.1 audio incorrectly mapped.

Currently the "Special Edition" cut of Aliens refuses to play on my Apple TV.

Did the issue/issues ever get resolved?
The Bond issue was resolved. Aliens is ongoing.

How long did it take for a resolution?
Almost a year. I reached out to Vudu on January 17, 2021 with little success. Through various contacts I was able to get them fixed. My email saying both are working properly is dated January 3, 2022.

What is your impression of their customer service?
It's terrible for content issues. They would have never fixed these Bond titles.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
A month ago.
Typical chat session with "Customer Care." Case numbers have been changed to protect privacy, case referenced is regarding issue with Aliens SE under special features on FAH app for Apple TV.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Apparently, the response I received from Customer Care this morning, after doing some digging and even asking them point blank, has to do with a case I opened back in August regarding Suicide Squad: Extended Cut not playing back in UHD. There is really no way of knowing that from their response:

Hi Todd,

Thank you for contacting Fandango at Home Customer Service and bringing this issue to our attention. Please be advised that we have confirmed with the movie studio that HDX is the highest version available for this movie title. The UHD you see listed on our website is incorrect, we apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact us. On behalf of the entire team at Fandango at Home, we want to thank you for your patience and wish you a great rest of your day.

Thank you,

Fandango at Home Customer Service

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
Currently the "Special Edition" cut of Aliens refuses to play on my Apple TV.
Same issue here. I believe it has something to do with the 4k file because it plays fine on my old 1080p plasma using the Apple TV 4K, but it won’t play using the Apple TV 4K box on my Sony 4k tv

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Same issue here. I believe it has something to do with the 4k file because it plays fine on my old 1080p plasma using the Apple TV 4K, but it won’t play using the Apple TV 4K box on my Sony 4k tv
Calls into Customer Care have gone nowhere. I keep getting told that I am the only one having this issue that they are aware of. Their solution - watch on another device, since I noted that it plays without issue in 4K DV and DA on my Roku Ultra. Really?

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
Calls into Customer Care have gone nowhere. I keep getting told that I am the only one having this issue that they are aware of. Their solution - watch on another device, since I noted that it plays without issue in 4K DV and DA on my Roku Ultra. Really?

As much as I despise Walmart, the old Vudu customer service was pretty good. Now its primarily owned by that bastion of great customer service, Comcast

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And as of today, FAH still has not fixed the SE of Aliens under the special features of the theatrical cut on their Apple TV app.

"You are supposed to patient and wait for a response. The case was escalated to a different department therefore there is only so much I can do on my end." - FAH Customer Support (chat)

In other words, Customer Service at FAH is nothing more than a call center that takes and passes on messages.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You must be very lucky to get the one out of one hundred agents that actually have some power to actually help a customer.
Again, my interactions with them were solely due to technical issues after a purchase. Not ongoing issues like you and others are having.

Has anyone here not gotten an immediate refund when asked. I know @Neil S. Bulk was immediately refunded for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks