Fandango purchases Vudu! (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I hit the button this afternoon and it happened within a minute or 2

Hmmm... if their script is indeed just doing one at a time, then that could be problematic, especially if it's indicative of a shortsighted approach that isn't particularly fault tolerant...

_Man_

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Terrible what's happening with the transfer of my HD titles on FANDANGO to VUDU. 2 examples. Rio Conchos and That Touch of Mink are showing HDX but when I play them, it is still the awful SD versions from VUDU!!!!!!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Terrible what's happening with the transfer of my HD titles on FANDANGO to VUDU. 2 examples. RIO CONCHOS and THAT TOUCH OF MINK are indicating HDX but when I play them, it is still the awful SD versions from VUDU!!!!!! I purchased INSIDE DAISY CLOVER and LIFE AND TIMES OF JUDGE ROY BEAN in HD on FANDANGO. VUDU indicates these titles are HDX but both are SD! Will these problems be fixed?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I’m tempted to get wonka too but I feel like it will be cheaper somewhere down the line.
I figure it can only go down to $5 at some point, and with the 30% discount it's $7 now at Vudu. So, I'm not waiting for just $2. It's still much less expensive than the disc, and the film is a favorite of both my wife's and mine. "I wanted my Oompa Loompa now!". :laugh:

We watched the film last night via iTunes using the Apple TV 4K, and the 4K Dolby Vision video looked beautiful. The audio was not very good, though -- my wife even mentioned it without me saying anything, and she rarely notices these kinds of things. I did not try it via Vudu to see if it sounded the same there.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm thinking they're processing the merge requests one at a time, first come first serve, because I put in my merge request at 10 PM and nearly three hours later none of my FandangoNOW titles have shown up and I haven't gotten the discount code in my email.

EDIT: Roughly five minutes after posting that, I got the followup email to complete the merge. All good now.
I performed the merge yesterday afternoon, and it completed within a few seconds. I only had one unique title on Fandango, though -- the aforementioned Sharknado. Maybe Fandango took pity on me for having such a bad film in my library and got it over with quickly. :laugh:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Terrible what's happening with the transfer of my HD titles on FANDANGO to VUDU. 2 examples. Rio Conchos and That Touch of Mink are showing HDX but when I play them, it is still the awful SD versions from VUDU!!!!!!

As noted earlier (in the previous page of posts), they already announced they'll fix such issues by bringing over licenses and/or transfers/versions from FandangoNow that might not already be there on Vudu side.

Of course, there could still be isolated cases that might need extra effort and/or complaints to address (or potentially not addressable at all though not too likely)...

_Man_

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Hopefully the problems will be fixed. Acknowledgement from VUDU that there are issues would be helpful.
Its interesting to note that some of the titles have upgraded on Movies Anywhere.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Hopefully the problems will be fixed. Acknowledgement from VUDU that there are issues would be helpful.
Its interesting to note that some of the titles have upgraded on Movies Anywhere.

Fortunately, they have acknowledged the issue. :) It's in the post at the top of the previous page, but be careful reading it. That scrambled sentence really could hurt your head. :eek: :rolling-smiley:

Thanks for the heads-up about MA. I'll go check out that.

Rick

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Apparently, some executive thought it would be better to work out any licensing issues on Vudu after customers' libraries were merged. This lack of forward thinking has now jammed the phone lines at both Vudu and FandangoNow, and both companies' social media pages have lit up like a Christmas tree with responses from angry customers but no response whatsoever from the companies.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Apparently, some executive thought it would be better to work out any licensing issues on Vudu after customers' libraries were merged. This lack of forward thinking has now jammed the phone lines at both Vudu and FandangoNow, and both companies' social media pages have lit up like a Christmas tree with responses from angry customers but no response whatsoever from the companies.
It crazy that VUDU never up graded any of their original SD titles....one example is GYPSY. It is still SD on VUDU

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I've complained to VUDU for many years that their version of Wicker Park is 1.33:1 SD but uprezzed to HDX (still 1.33:1). Makes no sense as it's 2.35:1 HD everywhere else like Amazon and also when I see it broadcast on Showtime and HDNet Movies it's in HD and its proper aspect ratio (right now it's on Starz which has it zoomed to 1.78:1 but at least it's HD) so the HD master exists. And, of course, I purchased it through VUDU several years ago not aware that it was 1.33:1 but had hoped by now it would have been updated. So it sounds like there is a lot of these old masters on VUDU. And with Wicker Park, it's shameful that they sell it for $14.99 in HDX when it's really only 1.33:1 SD.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This could be the best time to lodge these sorts of complaints with Vudu, since in most cases FandangoNow actually had the corrected versions (OAR, audio, etc) of these movies that have been wrong for well over a decade and ignored by Vudu.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This is the list I sent to Vudu today:

1628199720771.jpeg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Well, it seems, although slowly but surely (and please don't call me Shirley), that Vudu is fixing these issues!

Late yesterday, both Labyrinth and Bridge on the River Kwai are back in my library in UHD with HDR10 and Atmos, and this morning my HDX version of Collateral is now in DD 5.1!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks