What's new

Boston Legal season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's premiere was one of a handful of episodes not shown last season due to the amazing popularity of Grey's Anatomy in the Sunday 10 spot, so ABC shelved Boston Legal, and now we get a 27-episode second season which starts tonight at the 10 spot.

Heather Locklear is the guest star in tonight's episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't like how we didn't get much intro for the Julie Bowen character, or the young guy.

The testimony of the mute girl musician was awesome, loved her playing the theme to "Jaws" when Shirley was starting her cross examination, and then ended it with "The Wicked Witch" music from "The Wizard of Oz" when Shirley was finished and returned to her seat.

Rob T

Screenwriter
And the Los Angeles judge from the 2 parter episode of The Practice is now working in Massachusettssss.:D

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
...after a short hiatus as vice principal at Boston Public.;)

Fun show! I am glad it's back. If Commander and Chief clicks in the ratings, ABC could have a solid Tuesday night on its hands for the first time in a long time.

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
There seem to be so few shows where you can pull out truly funny lines--but Locklear's suggestion that she'd send her pants to Denny so he could get try to get into them on his own time.......laugh out loud funny.....

I bet they'll do backstories on the new cast members in future episodes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the show.

But, I can deal with some inconsistencies..

1-Letting that guy who killed his mom hang out in the office.

2-How Alan Shore gets all of these hot woman.

What I can't understand is how the show is set in Boston. And yet not one person from the lowest clerk to lawyer to judge. Doesn't have a New England accent. ;)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
The show is gold when Shore and Crane are on screen, several laugh out loud moments.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I recorded this on my dvd recorder, but I must have accidentally hit the 'audio' button on my remote and got the SAP spanish track, which wasn't a spanish track at all, but rather the audio coming from the left channel only, and some guy telling me to switch to main audio on the right channel.

A total washout for me. :frowning:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
More politics in the court room....But the shock and awe line......"Denny Crane, Eh!" was great.

Raasean, you are right. The show wouldn't be half as good without Shatner.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
LOL hilarious episode.

"I shot my first stealhead"

Klingons!

and Denny Crane eh! :D

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how many times I burst out laughing during this episode.

"did you say Klingons??" -- I can see the writers using this as the starting point around which they wrote the whole fishing scenario... "let's see, how many references to Star Trek can we work into this episode?..."

Shatner is a scream...

There were so many gems in this one...

"can I get the Blake jury?"

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Normally I don't laugh out loud while watching tv but when Spader and Shatner were in the cabin I was laughing so hard I was crying. I half loose it everytime Denny Crane fires out the "Mad Cow" line but that along with the gas was too much.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that episode was pricless as they say... I laughed so hard about the next morning part of the crane/shore sleep over if I can call it that.
the chremtry with the both of them is just great.. I agree that the show would not be that good without shatner. He owns that character so well.
he deserve the emmy for it.
didn't he win the year before? being on the practice for a brief time.

JACOB

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also finally watched the episode and LOL many times, Alan and Denny are pure gold. The new lawyers subplot was just silly. The screaming by Shirley and company was great.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/18/05

The last 10 minutes pretty much made the rest of the episode tolerable.

That reverand is just campy creepy. Still hate the junior lawyers subplot, just lame.

Obviously, this is the first of the "new" episode filmed this season (with Julie Bowen and her brood fully integrated into the show).

"Law and Order isn't just something on TV 4 nights a week."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks