What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’ll cross my fingers this isn’t true, but yeah, it better be NO later than fall that it finishes if they split. But I just can’t imagine any legit reason to do that.
I think Sony will want to have the season set, series set and maybe a BB/BCS combo megaset in stores for holidays 2022 so it'll have to be finished airing by the end of summer/early fall. I hope. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
...Whelp, it's as we've feared. They're splitting the last season, at least if the curiously-casual mention of it by Variety in this article is true:

UGHHHHH

I'm sure they'll do whatever gets them two years of Emmy-eligibility. But it better not be a whole year in between. Do it February-March and September-October.

Christ!

But hardly surprising

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Is anyone not quite convinced/confused about all these articles that claim “confirmation” about the final season being split? They keep saying Seehorn confirmed that it’ll be split and that it’s official, but then give NO direct quote. Have AMC or the makers of the actual show said anything? I must know! I’m rooting for them to just air them week to week for the 13 weeks. If it means a slightly later season premiere date, then fine! It’s getting crazy close to 2 years from the premiere of season five anyways, so I’m willing to wait for a consistent final season experience.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Stuff like this definitely makes me appreciate the format of the Netflix's and Amazon's more of just releasing the whole damn season all at once. I'm less inclined to subscribe to the other services for that reason, or at a minimum wait until the entire season is over and then subscribe.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone not quite convinced/confused about all these articles that claim “confirmation” about the final season being split? They keep saying Seehorn confirmed that it’ll be split and that it’s official, but then give NO direct quote. Have AMC or the makers of the actual show said anything? I must know! I’m rooting for them to just air them week to week for the 13 weeks. If it means a slightly later season premiere date, then fine! It’s getting crazy close to 2 years from the premiere of season five anyways, so I’m willing to wait for a consistent final season experience.
I haven't seen anyone associated with the show, Sony or AMC say that the season is being split. It's certainly possible that that writer is privy to inside info (though since it's not public, I'd think that they'd have been asked to not reveal it) but I think they're simply guessing that that's how it'll air. And they may be right but I still think it's nothing more than an assumption that could be wrong.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
There’s apparently a new teaser that’s been released (with no premiere date) but the fans are analyzing it, and because of a “D” and an “R” they’re saying “D” is 4, and the “R” is 18, making the premiere date April 18th.
1644303620322.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw on Twitter that BCS wrapped shooting in Albequerque yesterday. Since it specified that they were done shooting there and not done done, I assume they'll shoot pickups in Los Angeles soon.

Did someone already start a Season Six thread?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Season Six officially starts on Monday, April 18. Two episodes that night and one each week after through May 23. Then the show is off for about a month and a half and the last six episodes start on July 11 and the series should end on August 15.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Nice to know the whole schedule, though I for one would have preferred one a week for all 13 episodes, even if that made it start later. But exciting none the less.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Me too but when there was talk of splitting the season, I was thinking they'd play them in spring 2022 and fall 2022 or even spring 2022 and spring 2023 so 6 weeks is barely a break in my mind.

Agreed -- I can easily do six weeks without even breaking a sweat. Better than an entire year between two 6-episode runs, which would've been frustrating as hell.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Total speculation here, but one reason for a split in air dates could also be, and I’ll spoiler-ize it just in case people don’t want to read my speculation:
Could those final six episodes be ENTIRELY the post-Breaking Bad black-and-white Nebraska scenes? I’ve been thinking ever since the beginning of the series that it could possibly conclude with a more significant amount of this timeframe. Every season has had a more significant sequence to start the premiere episode thus far. Personally, I’d find that a very acceptable creative reason to give a six week break in the middle, if they’re going to insist on a break at all.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Total speculation here, but one reason for a split in air dates could also be, and I’ll spoiler-ize it just in case people don’t want to read my speculation:
Could those final six episodes be ENTIRELY the post-Breaking Bad black-and-white Nebraska scenes? I’ve been thinking ever since the beginning of the series that it could possibly conclude with a more significant amount of this timeframe. Every season has had a more significant sequence to start the premiere episode thus far. Personally, I’d find that a very acceptable creative reason to give a six week break in the middle, if they’re going to insist on a break at all.
I was thinking the same thing but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. :) It seems like something that has been set up for six (!) years would require quite a bit of payoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks