What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Geoffrey
This is such a great show but there is so much waiting in between seasons that by the time it comes out I forget everything that happened in the last season. I always have to rewatch it. The recaps don't fill it all in for me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is such a great show but there is so much waiting in between seasons that by the time it comes out I forget everything that happened in the last season. I always have to rewatch it. The recaps don't fill it all in for me.
Much like Breaking Bad, I look forward to rewatching the show each year but now that the show has been been on 5 seasons, it seems like a lot more work to get through all the episodes again. However, I know I'll do it since it's the last season.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
😔

There’s a slew of articles from 1 to 13 hours ago and no word from any of them about the severity or what the cause is. I hope everything goes well with him and that his family can see the end of the grief this must be causing them.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Deadline reporting that it was a "heart-related" incident, and that he's showing some signs of improvement:

As somebody who was born with a congenital heart-condition (and who has suffered no fewer than two minor cardiac-arrests recently), this obviously has me concerned. Hopefully Odenkirk will be able to take the time off for rest before he goes back to the set (and certainly prior to shooting any Nobody-sequels too, for that matter).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Deadline reporting that it was a "heart-related" incident, and that he's showing some signs of improvement:

As somebody who was born with a congenital heart-condition (and who has suffered no fewer than two minor cardiac-arrests recently), this obviously has me concerned. Hopefully Odenkirk will be able to take the time off for rest before he goes back to the set (and certainly prior to shooting any Nobody-sequels too, for that matter).

On the bright side (so to speak), it's likely a good thing it happened on the set where there were people around and help fairly close by.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

With all due respect for your health, is a there such a thing as a minor cardiac arrest?

and with all due concern for Odenkirk, I can’t believe they’re not done shooting by now. When was the next season scheduled to start?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
and with all due concern for Odenkirk, I can’t believe they’re not done shooting by now. When was the next season scheduled to start?
I believe it’s only been said to be coming in “early 2022” at this point. There was speculation a little over a week ago, in at least one article I came across, that they were “almost” done with filming the season.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I believe it’s only been said to be coming in “early 2022” at this point. There was speculation a little over a week ago, in at least one article I came across, that they were “almost” done with filming the season.

AMC usually splits final seasons in half to make a meal of them anyway. So it's entirely possible they'll still hit that "early 2022" date with the first half of season 6, which is scheduled to be 13 episodes, and keep the back half waiting until Bob Odenkirk has fully recovered and is back in acting shape.

And yes, that's the important part of it all... give him the time he needs with no rush.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
With all due respect for your health, is a there such a thing as a minor cardiac arrest?
Doctor Hibbert: Homer, I'm happy to say that your father only had a mild arrhythmia.

Grampa Simpson: M-mild?! There wasn't anything mild about it!

Looking at BCS writers on Twitter, I think they only just finished shooting episode 7. They've cleared the midpoint at least.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Here's a little bit of an update on the production of S6.

Den of Geek: Do you have any inklings of information on whether AMC is going to split the sixth season into two parts? This has been a rumor for quite some time and I know Peter Gould said he had hoped it would be aired as a single entity.

Thomas Schnauz:
I don’t know. Because of the COVID delays, and then Bob’s heart attack and recovery, I have zero idea when or how the episodes will be aired. Everything with production is moving forward, steady but slow. We’re filming scenes that don’t involve Bob right now. I just finished editing my director’s cut of episode 607, and I addressed some notes on my script for 611. I’m still waiting to hear the dates of when I’ll prep and direct 611.

I figured that they were still shooting scenes that didn't feature Jimmy so it's not a total shutdown. And when he can go back to work, there won't be entire episodes left to shoot.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Good news! Though I’m hoping he really is in good health and AMC isn’t rushing him back.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
...Whelp, it's as we've feared. They're splitting the last season, at least if the curiously-casual mention of it by Variety in this article is true:

UGHHHHH

I'm sure they'll do whatever gets them two years of Emmy-eligibility. But it better not be a whole year in between. Do it February-March and September-October.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
...Whelp, it's as we've feared. They're splitting the last season, at least if the curiously-casual mention of it by Variety in this article is true:
There hasn't been any official word on splitting the season so the writer of the article is just making an assumption. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it but c'mon AMC, 13 episodes isn't enough to really call for cutting the show in half.

Tom Schnauz is currently directing episode 11. Then there's the last two episodes and reshoots so I assume they'll be done shooting before the end of the year.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’ll cross my fingers this isn’t true, but yeah, it better be NO later than fall that it finishes if they split. But I just can’t imagine any legit reason to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks