What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 11 - 02/04/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally, it's back, the most compelling hour of TV!

It's Tuesday, Kim must be in danger.

So Kate and Jack are tied at the hip in search of Ali.

Marie popped Reza at close range.

Bob has no idea what's going on.

Mason's probably coughing up his other lung

Tony and his next CTU galpal are on the trail of something, I guess.

Lady MacPalmer has shown her evil side once more.

Stanton's going to be the fall guy, soaking up Palmer's attention for a while.

Palmer needs to find a clue and a spine.

Lynn's probablly looking stern again.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I try to only recap from the previous episode. But I do agree, the previews for 24 are ridiculous in what they give away.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
That article mentions a catfight in upcoming episodes. A CATFIGHT!

{Kramer}yayayayacatfight!{/kramer}

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
This is why I immediately leave the room once the episode's over. You'd think Robert Zemeckis was cutting these previews the way they keep giving away next week's ending.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm a spoiler addict when it comes to 24 and grab next week's TV Guide and thumb through to Tuesday like a freaking crackhead, culling info on my favorite TV show, when it arrives!:b Guess I'm like Billy Crystal in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY, reading the end of novels first.

James T

Screenwriter
I usually don't have to worry about FOX spoiling 24 since the Canadian signal takes over Fox's signal and our station shows our commercials. But recently, I had it on Fox and never noticed the it was airing the 24 preview. I only saw about a second or so before I switched channels, but it was enough to give away one of the main plot points

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
Yeah, that State of the Union address was sure great! :)

Sort of a let down from the previous few hours. This seemed to me like a "catch-up" episode. Looks like it was written in order to get people who are watching American Idol caught up with the story. Nothing much really happened, and the previews gave WAY too much away. I am looking forward to next week, though.

R

RossTerry

im glad its back

24 is keeping up the violence factor, not to be outdone by kingpin or the like.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see the show back. My only hope is that Kim finally gets what's coming to her, and gets eaten by the mountain lion. As the Jar Jar binks of the show, she deserves to die, and she is only keeping us from all of the interesting plotlines.

It might just be the withdrawl, but what happened to Nina? I remember she got taken down, but she is still alive, right? Been a while since the last new eps were on.

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how rediculously bad the Kim storyline is. As good as the rest of the show, that storyline is about 10x as bad. It contributes absolutly NOTHING to the show except to buy a few minutes away from the other lines so they can drive somewhere or something.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious for opinions here:

Why do you think Kim is on this show still? We can obviously tell that from day one the writers seemed forced into writing sub plots for her character. Now it seems to have steam rolled into a VERY implausible mess. For such a taut, intense show, the Kim character seems unfortunate for "24" as a whole.

I laugh a little bit when we cut from Jack Bauer looking for a terrorist, or Palmer trying to find a traitor, to Kim running around like last season. The second half of last year was bad enough, but we have to deal with this again when a nuclear bomb is in the city somewhere. I just don't see how Kim is justified in being on this show anymore.

So I'm curious, why do you think she's here? I'm not talking about predictions. I'm wondering if you think the writers had ideas for her in the beginning, but that it fell apart later? Did the network force Kim onto the show again? Something else?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
If there was network pressure for her to be in season two, perhaps it is not only because she gets ratings (from appearing in FHM or Maxim or whatever). It may be that she is meant to be a "strong female role model" that would counter the rest of the show's mysogynistic tendencies. Except that since she's written as an idiot, albeit a brave idiot, that didn't really work - if that is what the network hoped she's provide.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
I see your point, but does the network or anyone honestly think people tune in just to see Kim Bauer because she's attractive? If people watch "24" to see one or two attractive people, you are watching the wrong show for the wrong reasons and you should go pick up a Victoria Secrets magazine instead.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I think network executive DO think that. If they think that a few more teenage boys will tune in because of Kim, they'll do it, just as they'll advocate adding a dog to a sitcom to bring in dog lovers.

James T

Screenwriter
Can someone tell me what Jack said at the very end of the episode? I was watching it at work and got distracted at the end. I did manage to catch the part when Jack warned the CTU guys to watch the exits, he's still in the building.

I thought it was a good episode. I don't konw about the CIA. They have to be in on it and the guy torturing Stanton has to be one big act.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks