What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 15 - 3/4/03 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
They should just borrow "Qumar" from "The West Wing". TWW regularly makes up country names. Right now they're entangled in the African state of "Kundu".

Jason Price

Second Unit
Just finished watching this week's ep (damn work trips!) - good stuff! Couple of random observations on the show and comments already made:

- As for the detonation thing, nobody's mentioned that the prevailing winds were west to east, which would have played a major factor in the decision (and did). In addition to all the environmental and economic effects of a sea detonation, the winds would push the fallout right back over LA. The desert plan would contain much of the fallout within the "bowl", and whatever was not contained would be pushed further east by the winds, away from large population centers.

- The Mason sendoff was nice, but I liked his earlier sendoff better (when he quit/left CTU). I thought it was a lot more powerful and emotional. The hero play is nice for the character (been a *fantastic* character this season - I'll miss him), but the other one worked better for me.

- Anyone else think Kate Warner is going to be Jack's next love interest? I'm thinking maybe she'll be around next season in that capacity...

- I think Kim should be armed at all times. Maybe then she can stay out of the lame storylines by force. Plus, hot chicks with guns rock... ;)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Vote YES on Proposition 187: Kim must carry a fireweapon at all times, have dimplomatic immunity to everything, and license to kill. :emoji_thumbsup:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Kim having the gun did make her a better character. Kept her from getting involved with another creep.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Did any other Star Trek fans happen to notice that the woman who gave Kim a ride was Susan Gibney, a/k/a Dr. Lea Brahms? (I wasn't sure until I saw the credits, because her face was in half-shadow all the time.)

M.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah! I saw her name in the credits, but never spotted her in the show - though I tend to think of her more in other roles now (she has a recurring part on Crossing Jordan, and was the best thing about this absolutely awful indie movie I saw a couple months ago).

Fun fact: She was Berman/Piller/Taylor's first choice for Captain Elizabeth Janeway after Genevieve Bujold quit midway through Voyager's pilot. Dodged a bullet there.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ooh, another Star Trek player! This is getting interesting.

I thought her character (the "all too caring" woman who picked up Kim) was going to pull out an axe any moment.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Will_B, i thought so too, I figured nothing good could ever happen to Kim. :) Something like "You nearly shot my son back there when he was trying to abduct you..." wouldn't have come as a surprise. :laugh:

/Mike

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Watched DS9: Duet the other day (arguably the best season one ep), and of course noticed that the actor playing the Cardassian was none other than Harris Yulin (24's Roger Stanton). Someone's probably already pointed this one out. :)

John Swarce

Second Unit
Fun fact: She was Berman/Piller/Taylor's first choice for Captain Elizabeth Janeway after Genevieve Bujold quit midway through Voyager's pilot. Dodged a bullet there.
It was Captain Katherine Janeway....Not that I would admit to anyone that I watched that show for 7 tears!:b

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly (and I may not), the character's name WAS Elizabeth Janeway when Bujold was cast. It was changed to Kathryn when they hired on Kate Mulgrew.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Wasn't there a website where you could plug in a zip code and you would get a simulation of damage from certain distances?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks