What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 14 - 2/25/03 (1 Viewer)

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Good episode though I thought Jack took it easy on Marie compared to what he did to Ali. I would have been wailing on that arm and making it clear that if she wanted to keep it she better give up the bomb. That or bust out the good ol' Stanton paddles.

Anyone feel like Annie Wilkes in "Misery" with these promos btw? Last week with the Marie "shooting" Kate thingy (though I figured what actually happened did). Next week with the, um, plane situation? Given what they've shown, how are they going to get out of that one?

"He didn't get out of the cock-a-doody plane!"

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed: strong, strong episode.

Regarding Michelle and the new woman who replaced Paula... anyone else get the vibes that they were involved, somehow? (i.e. by dating the same person or being a couple themselves?) I'd think that sort of animosity with current/former coworkers is hard to come by... except at CTU of course. :D

Mason was probably my favorite of the series, though he will be missed it's great that the character was allowed to come full circle.

Predictions:
who wants to bet Bauer's plane is shot down or compromised by the 7th commando... which naturally won't faze our hero, having survived one plane crash already a few hours back :D

Oh also: Anyone else notice the fact that Kim did almost nothing dumb this episode? Take that, you Kim-haters ;)

Edited for me being a total n00b :D

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Decent episode, another setup one it seems like. I sure hope they resolve this thing with the bomb soon because it's getting a little tiresome. Then again, I wonder how they are going to fill the remaining time.

The scenes with Marie/Kate/Jack were pretty good as were the Palmer/Sherry ones. That whole arc with Lonnie & the cabin just remind me of the horrid amnesia one from last season - just using up time I suppose.

Re: next week
Jack certainly is superman this season isn't he? Good call on the plane maybe being shot down Benjamin. That 7th guy has to be involved somehow :). I also think that gun Kim has might come into play somehow.

Oh, the new girl / Michelle / Tony - things are going to get a bit messy I think!

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
Jehan,

You're absolutely right. That gun is a surefire sign of trouble zeroing in on Kim... besides, we all knew she wouldn't stay out of trouble long... lions and psychos and bombs oh my!

:D :D :D

James T

Screenwriter
Oh also: Anyone else notice the fact that Kim did almost nothing dumb this episode?
Didn't she tell that psycho that she won't be back to see him? If I were a psychopath lunatic, I'd call the sheriff and report a young blond girl waiving a gun and threatening my life heading right for the highway.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
He's not a psychopath, just reeeally lonely.

Mason is in no condition to do it, and he simply may not know how. Besides, it would take him at least 10 minutes (because all points in greater L.A. are no more than 10 minutes apart on 24) to get to the airport.

//Ken

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
The new girl--

I suspect that there was a a sexual harassment scenario between her and What's-her-name, who Tony is into, and that she was the harrassing boss. Hence the pointed statement by what's-her-name that now she was new girl's boss.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lourdes Benedicto (Carrie) also plays Carter's med-school fling a season or two ago on ER.

So...is Michelle bi? That's the big "Oh shit!" shocker for this episode, isn't it? :D

Nice send-off for Mason, with no ticking as the time was shown before going to a commercial break.

Lonnie forgot to turn up the AC in the bomb shelter. Shame on him!

I thought Jack could have been rougher on Marie, who deserved a major grilling for all the crap she's pulled this day. Laura Harris convinced me that she was really in pain from the GSW to the arm, though. That squealing/wailing would be tough to listen to on a prolonged period of time.

I think Palmer's letting Lady MacPalmer go just to see where she goes next, and he'll have her followed/surveillanced. I still don't trust her at all. She's always working an angle. Why didn't Palmer put the electric paddles on her!!! I would have done a PPV for that scene.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
When everyone was herded into that hangar for questioning, How the hell was Marie able to get out? She had a gun as well

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
Isn't the seventh commando dead? When they found the van with the real bomb in it there was some shooting and I heard one of the CTU guys say, "Hostile down!" and you saw someone near the van collapse from being shot. I thought it was the seventh commando. If it wasn't him, who was it?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Marie was great in this episode, regressing to a "selfish six year old" the moment she was shot. That made her character more believable. And as for why Jack didn't cause her more pain, she's an American, or at least more likely to sue the government later on and get press, compared to Seyyed Ali, who would either be dead or dissapeared. So Jack had to be more gentle with her, no snapping of fingers, but rather pretending to point out where the bullet was when he was really causing her more pain.

I dont care that Michaelle is bi, and don't understand how, in the midst of a nuclear bomb storyline, they're adding soap opera elements this late in the game. They did this last year too, when suddenly out of the blue a former CTU person who someone at CTU has "issues" with strolls in.

Also wish they'd have left Kim in the bomb shelter until the last hour of the series. I honestly thought thay the writers were going to do that as a favor to everyone who watches the show. The breaks away to Kim were absolutely a waste of time this week, more so than in past weeks.

Hey, folks are talking about last week's television preview being misleading -- did and of you hear the RADIO preview for last night's episode? The radio ad had the SOUND OF A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION rumble through.
Very dramatic.

And another point about the previews - during the last minutes of AMERICAN IDOL, they are running a preview for that night's episode which pretty much gives away every single thing that is about to happen. They are such 'wipes!

Did Mason forget to do the satellite imagery backtracking? I guess it doesn't matter, they found a van.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Last night I actually watched the show on the edge of my seat(couch). All the while I was cursing Sherry out loud and Marie and others.

SSOOOOOO MUCH FUN!

Next week looks like another scorcher.
It's funny how an episode of 24 can brighten my Wed and the rest of my week.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
And as for why Jack didn't cause her more pain, she's an American, or at least more likely to sue the government later on and get press
I doubt that was a concern. I'd also guess that she wouldn't get a dime from a jury. They'd probably give Jack a medal.

Women are supposed to have a higher threshold of pain, but you can't push her too much, or she'd pass out. Also, I dunno if (for example) breaking a finger would have made that much of a difference after being shot. Kate was also there, so he had another angle to work.

//Ken

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yep, I'm not watching them anymore either.

Was anyone else graoning when Marie was telling them about the truck with the bomb? I was like "Damn, I can't believe they are such bad writers as to make us think this truck got away from the airport undetected". I was SO happy that it turned out she was lying. :)

I liked the fact that Kim's captor wasn't the psycho we'd expected him to be.

The actress who plays Paula's replacement also used to be on the short-lived (unfortunately) NBC prime-time soap "Titans".

I'm guessing there was some kind of "love triangle" between her, Michelle and another guy, and she used her authority to manouver Michelle out of the picture. Or something.

/Mike

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Why are so many people assuming that Michelle id Bi? (seen it on other message boards as well)

About the Hostile that was taken down near the bomb. Probably would not have been the 7th coral snake. Wasn't there another Arab guy in the hangar with Omar and Marie in Epsiode 13? If so, then that is likely who it was. Although I find it hard to believe that they would be shooting to kill in that situation so who knows

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that we never saw the bullets that were "in" the gun when crazy bomb shelter dude gave it to kim... great episode
next week is going to be exciting!

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
I also got the feeling that the two ladies had a sexual as well as professional past. Maybe it's just the Maxim in me talking, but that's really what it seemed like with the winking and the "you look great, Michelle" line. If they're not trying to set that up as a plot point they sure did a good job of pretending to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks