What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 11 - 02/04/03 (1 Viewer)

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Solid episode, I thought. Like just about everyone else, I think Kim is a waste of time and has been all season. Actually, I think the mountain lion threat is over--it turned away and I think if it was going to attack her, it would have just leapt from that outcropping. I have a theory about where her story is going, but I don't like it:

Kim stumbles onto the last remaining terrorist with the bomb truck, possibly being mistaken for Marie--young, blonde, American.

Of course, I hope I'm dead wrong as this would be annoyingly conincidental. Personally, I'd like the mountain lion to take her out.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Agree about Marie looking hot as a short-haired brunette. I wasn't into her before, but now I'd filter coffee through her soiled panties.

The episode was slower and less intense than previous episodes, but that's OK: not every hour should be constant intensity. It's good to have a breather. It's not like it lagged, and the story was definitely advanced. All in all, enjoyable and as compelling as ever.

Kate is definitely hot, and wearing that habibi did nothing to hide her hottitudinousness. Kim is lovely and jiggly but I wouldn't mind if she simply just went to her Aunt's house and we never saw her again the rest of the season.

James T

Screenwriter
Once again, nice theory Eujin.

Kim will probably be saved by the ranger patrolling Jellystone park and when the Ranger finds out that the police are looking for fugitive matching Kim's description....run Kim run part whatever begins.

I doubt Nina will be back until the last few episodes of the season. They'll probably reveal another thing about Nina's past which will lead to Season 3.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
I thought the major thing in the episode, at least for me, was Bob Warner's involvement. Before last night, I believed firmly that he was in on the plot--I think I still do, but now I'm a bit less sure...he seemed genuinely surprised about Marie being the shooter. Anyone with thoughts about this?

I'm still bummed that my theory about Sherry Palmer being a goodie this season has been blown to bits.:frowning:

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
I've usually been able to forgive 24 for the fact that the writers don't plan ahead any farther than four episodes at a time, (Like, when they shot Palmer picking up the phone and getting upset in the very first episode, they had no idea what the phone call was even about...) but it just got terribly bad this episode. I've even been able to tolerate Kim's presence much more than others here. Now it feels as if the writers have wrote themselves into a corner, where they're forcing themselves to create a conflict for Kim. It's like that Drama activity where you're doing an activity and there must be a new problem every 30 seconds. There's no point or relevance to the Kim plot now, it's just plodding on cause she's here by contract. I'd like it if they kept the Megan/Kim plot moving longer, rather than this problem after problem after problem kind of story telling. At least have something to link it more to the main nuclear bomb plot...I keep hoping the terrorists abduct her again, at least that would bring some point to her story.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Damn those Mountain Lions and their clever traps.
:laugh:

Hillarious, the subplot with Kim has gone from being laughable to downright stupid!

Probably the weakest episode of the season so far IMO, but did some legwork that will hopefully payoff in later episodes.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
There's no point or relevance to the Kim plot now, it's just plodding on cause she's here by contract.
This was my major criticism with the show during Season 1, and it hasn't improved. They seem compelled to follow all of the main characters throughout the entire 24 hour period, and the only way they know how to do this is by putting them in constant danger. I still keep waiting for the shot of Jack Bauer being forced to take a piss behind a car because the bad guys won't leave him alone.

It's probably going to take Kim the entire length of the next episode to gnaw her leg off, so we know she won't be kidnapped again until the week after that. :D

Brad

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My God Now Kim's being Chased by a Mountain lion!!!! Just who do I have to kill to get them to drop this inane Kim Plot? In an otherwise Pretty good show, these kim Plotlines just are awful.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Was anybody else surprised that initially Jack fell for the ruse with the burning body? I didn't buy it for a second. I figured immediately that he burned the body to make it harder to identify. Granted he caught it, but Jack sure did slip at first.

I think the Kim plot has gone from stupid to unbelievably stupid. A mountain lion then a trap. That's just a pathetic attempt to add drama.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
These are my theories based on watching only the episode proper. No promos, no commercials, no articles.

There were some interesting facial expressions in this episode. In watching Bob Warner when he was told about Marie being the shooter it almost looked like he'd already known that could happen.

And that last shot of Tony's new love interest seemed to me to imply that she was setting him up for something.

When the people were exiting the Mosque (sp?) it looked like to me like Ali came out dressed as a woman, all wrapped up, probably after seeing Kate in there acting suspicious before. Whether he'd ID'd her or not he took no chances.

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, but what about the ultimate question: Will Jack stop the bomb from going off? He did save the President last season which might seem to argue against having him succeed with his mission twice in a row. I can definitely see them setting him up with the "Superman" situation, where he can either save Kim (haunted by the death of Teri, wanting to keep the only family he has alive) OR the whole city of LA but not both. Everybody wants him to stop it but for the dramatic arc of the series, it's soooo tempting to blow up LaLa land real good. President is out, Jack is REALLY out, then new threat even greater than terrorist nukes in Season 3 allowing for the ultimate redemption.

Oh and, not having seen the preview for next week, I don't think there's a chance in hell that Ali is still in the mosque. Either he or the greeter made Kate and pulled the old burqa switcheroo, leaving the prayer service as a woman.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
And that last shot of Tony's new love interest seemed to me to imply that she was setting him up for something.
That's one thing the producers are very sneaky about. They tend to show a lot of the characters with "suspicious" expressions on their face. After one of those lingering shots, my wife yells out "She's bad", but I think it's all part of the misdirection from the writers. It makes it fun, I suppose.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Christopher,

That's an interesting idea. But I'm curious and this is NOT a rhetorical question...what kind of crisis can season 3 have where it could be worse than terrorists having a
nuke(s)? I can definitely see a season three, almost like a Jack Bauer/'24' trilogy that could deal with chemical weapons or something. I'm just not sure if that is worse than a nuke. Anyone know?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the climax will deal with Jack at the Airport, where he could either confront the bad people or hop on a plane to go save Kim, who somehow managed to get from the "wilds" of Southern California to a volcano in the Congo, where she managed to anger the natives and is backed up to a wall of lava.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Marie, hotter as a brunette.

Kim, I think the mountain lion will be shot by whoever set the trap and he'll free Kim, (a better catch anyways).

I did wonder a little about the last look from CTU girl. And of course I still wonder some about Lynn, but her being bad too would almost be too much.

I want to know why they don't move Stanton to LA to question him. If he's in on it and doesn't cooperate, make him suffer the same fate. When he wouldn't take the deal I expected him to be on a jet to LA ASAP! There only in Oregon, so a high speed jet it wouldn't take too long.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I did wonder a little about the last look from CTU girl. And of course I still wonder some about Lynn, but her being bad too would almost be too much.
I think this is a red herring. Anything you get from her is meant to reflect Tony's relationship to Nina last year. Even his rule about not dating in the office is a reflection of that experience. Every suspicious look she's given him could just as easily be a look of desire or want.

I also presume Lynn is innocent. However, her power struggle with Lady McPalmer could be within their own conspiracy. We also don't know how many hands are in this one. It's possible that both Lynn and Sherry are working against Palmer, just from different organizations or perspectives.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Melissa got from Tony what she wanted to hear, so perhaps the furtive look is just an expression of being delighted that she's found a guy for a relationship.

Or it could be that Tony has terrible taste in women who seem to always betray him and he commits suicide from all the emotional torment in hour 24.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks