What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't think Rivers is coming back to any team. Right now, he's too busy managing that tribe of kids he fathered.:laugh:

And coaching high school football I think.

To be clear, I have heard no rumors of the Browns pursuing Rivers. I was just reacting to the Watson suspension and the rumor that the Browns would look at other QB options if he got a full year.

The rumors are the Browns have only looked at two QBs as potential trades, Garoppolo and Sam Darnold. I don't think either of them make sense as Jimmy is due $24 million, the Browns owe Baker $19 million and Watson they have to print money to pay so, why do that? Seems like piling dumb on dumb...unless they cut bait with Watson, which now looks difficult. With Darnold is he better than Brissett or any kind of step up? I don't think so.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Here’s another spitball- how about Cam Newton in a Browns uniform? He’s still a free agent, right? I would think he’s dying to be a starting QB again for a team, if only for 1 year, and I doubt he’d cost the Browns a ton of money. Please be gentle. 😁

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Here’s another spitball- how about Cam Newton in a Browns uniform? He’s still a free agent, right? I would think he’s dying to be a starting QB again for a team, if only for 1 year, and I doubt he’d cost the Browns a ton of money. Please be gentle. 😁

Pretty sure he is available, sadly he has played poorly now for several years. He could step on to a team and play but I doubt play well. He is probably a guy that sits around until a team is desperate for a QB. I think there are a bunch of back-up players now that could provide you better play than Cam. He seems to have little left in the tank.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Seems like Newton has shown he's not willing to put in the work needed to learn new offenses. He seemed to admit he never learned the offense in New England and it was probably more of the same the second time around in Carolina with four touchdown passes and five interceptions, and losing all games he started.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not NFL news, but the college football landscape is changing again. USC and UCLA will be joining the Big Ten. With Texas and Oklahoma already having announced they are moving to the SEC, NCAA football is becoming more of a "Power 2 +3" instead of "Power 5" conference alignment. The Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC are all reeling.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big 10 also go after Cal-Berkley and Stanford to wrap up the northern California market. Both schools fit the conference criteria of being Association of American Universities members, as are USC and UCLA. Nebraska is the only non-AAU member, and they were a member when they joined the Big Ten in 2011.

I could also see the remaining Pac 12 and Big 12 members looking to merge eventually in order to stay competitive with the B10 and SEC.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not NFL news, but the college football landscape is changing again. USC and UCLA will be joining the Big Ten. With Texas and Oklahoma already having announced they are moving to the SEC, NCAA football is becoming more of a "Power 2 +3" instead of "Power 5" conference alignment. The Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC are all reeling.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big 10 also go after Cal-Berkley and Stanford to wrap up the northern California market. Both schools fit the conference criteria of being Association of American Universities members, as are USC and UCLA. Nebraska is the only non-AAU member, and they were a member when they joined the Big Ten in 2011.

I could also see the remaining Pac 12 and Big 12 members looking to merge eventually in order to stay competitive with the B10 and SEC.
Geez- will they have to change the name of the conference to the Big 20?
I think it’s sad that established traditional rivalries in college sports are falling by the wayside.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Geez- will they have to change the name of the conference to the Big 20?
I think it’s sad that established traditional rivalries in college sports are falling by the wayside.
The Big Ten hasn't had 10 teams since Penn State joined the conference in 1990. It's just been a brand name ever since. USC and UCLA make it 16 conference members.

I am reading rumors that Oregon and Washington may be the next to reach out to the Big 10. The conference is beginning negotiations on new TV contracts, and the payout is expected to be huge. It also seems inevitable that Clemson, FSU and Miami eventually join the SEC, although contractually the ACC schools have a huge buyout required to leave that conference (rumored to be as much as $50M).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is sort of on topic. We were at our hometown's July 4th parade this morning, and one of the participants was the person below (it's a photo I took). She is Aria Hutchinson, the current Miss Michigan and sister to Aidan Hutchinson -- the former Michigan Wolverine who was #2 in the Heisman vote last fall and the #2 overall draft pick of the Detroit Lions this spring. The Hutchinson family is from our hometown of Plymouth, Michigan.

IMG_3544-X4.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And his new offensive coordinator ranked him below Sam Darnold and Mason Rudolph, as well, in the '18 draft.

Although Mayfield went first overall in the 2018 NFL draft, McAdoo ranked him as the sixth-best quarterback prospect, behind Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Mason Rudolph.

Sounds like a great way to start the new relationship.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
So much for Baker being in any Progressive Insurance commercials this upcoming NFL season. His brand name has taken a severe hit.
If he wants to be a starting QB elsewhere, he should just stop with the commercials, grow up, and work hard at being the guy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
If he wants to be a starting QB elsewhere, he should just stop with the commercials, grow up, and work hard at being the guy.

That’s kind of silly to say.
Might as well say no players should be in commercials or ads.
Some of these guys make more money off that stuff then they do in the game.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, all those endorsements certainly haven't hurt the play of Mahomes.
There is nothing wrong with increasing your earning potential. I'm sure those commercials were filmed in the offseason so I doubt it affects his preparation on being an NFL QB and leader. Baker's issues runs deeper than filming a few commercials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks