What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
As for the USFL ---- even though they have multiple teams representing various cities - all games are held at two stadiums in Birmingham, AL (Protective Stadium, and Legion Field) and all of the teams are kept in the same hotels and also share practice fields.

As there is actually 1 team that is from Birmingham - all of the other teams have never played in front of their home fans in their home stadiums. This is done to keep down travel costs (as there are none) - but it does lead to empty stands.

If you see one of the games with the Birmingham team playing, there are some of their fans in the stadium - for all other games there are very few fans.

"There’s another factor to keep in mind moving forward. This is a crucial season for the USFL that is all about building a TV audience, attendance at games was never a priority and it’s getting worse"

Found an article describing their TV performance:

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
As for the USFL ---- even though they have multiple teams representing various cities - all games are held at two stadiums in Birmingham, AL (Protective Stadium, and Legion Field) and all of the teams are kept in the same hotels and also share practice fields.

As there is actually 1 team that is from Birmingham - all of the other teams have never played in front of their home fans in their home stadiums . This is done to keep down travel costs (as there are none) - but it does lead to empty stands.
That's assuming the teams actually have some fans. :laugh:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, it appears Watson is going to get a 1 year suspension. Which leaves the Browns in a rough position. Mayfield won't return to the team, nor should he. So, they need to decide if they want to play the season with Brissett as their starter (they believe they have a team that could win their division and go deep in the playoffs) or bring in another QB. At this point I think that would be Garoppolo as I think he is all that is really left out there in terms of QBs that are not back-ups.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
So, it appears Watson is going to get a 1 year suspension. Which leaves the Browns in a rough position. Mayfield won't return to the team, nor should he. So, they need to decide if they want to play the season with Brissett as their starter (they believe they have a team that could win their division and go deep in the playoffs) or bring in another QB. At this point I think that would be Garoppolo as I think he is all that is really left out there in terms of QBs that are not back-ups.
They may as well let Brissett play- why trade for Garoppolo, or someone else? Bite the bullet, and load up for 2023.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Can they fit all those QB contracts under the salary cap? Watson will still count against the cap if suspended, and they will have to retain at least half Mayfield's salary in order to trade him. I cannot see them also paying Garoppolo.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Can they fit all those QB contracts under the salary cap? Watson will still count against the cap if suspended, and they will have to retain at least half Mayfield's salary in order to trade him. I cannot see them also paying Garoppolo.
Not only would it hurt their financial situation to trade for another starter, they don’t have a lot of draft assets the next couple of years.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
They may as well let Brissett play- why trade for Garoppolo, or someone else? Bite the bullet, and load up for 2023.

They would only go after Jimmy if they were going to try to get out of the Watson contract. If they plan to keep Watson then yes, Brissett is the man, and you let this year play out however it may.

I kind of think they now are locked up with Watson and waiting out getting him on the field. It was a bad move to do what they did and in the process destroy their relationship with Mayfield. Now they are sort of stuck trying to see if they can get something out of Watson after he has had two years off and who knows what else may come out about him while he is sitting.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

I believe they would only get Jimmy if they could somehow get out from under the Watson deal. Supposedly if Watson has done things he has not disclosed to the Browns they can void his contract. If they stick with Watson and wait for next year, basically they have to play Brissett. They are going to end up eating Mayfield's money as well anyway.

I don't see ANY upside for the 49ers taking on Mayfield to back-up Lance other than they would get Mayfield for far less than they have to pay Jimmy this season ($24 million) but then Lance has Mayfield over his shoulder and that could get ugly.

I still think the Seahawks or Panthers land Mayfield and Garoppolo goes to either the team that does not or maybe someone else grabs him if the 49ers release him. Might make the most sense if the 49ers want a safety net for Lance that they keep Jimmy one more year. Lance is only getting paid $2 million this season I believe.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Article at FOX News that Watson, according to his attorney, is settling with 20 of the women. Seems obvious he was advised to do this for the sake of getting this story out of the news cycle as quickly as possible.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Article at FOX News that Watson, according to his attorney, is settling with 20 of the women. Seems obvious he was advised to do this for the sake of getting this story out of the news cycle as quickly as possible.
It also appears he is close to settling with the remaining four women, too. Watson looks like a moron for not doing this a year ago - - now he will probably miss another season due to suspension when he could have been back on the field this autumn.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It also appears he is close to settling with the remaining four women, too. Watson looks like a moron for not doing this a year ago - - now he will probably miss another season due to suspension when he could have been back on the field this autumn.

I think he and his lawyers did make an offer to settle of $100,000 per case. They all turned it down. I sort of assume the way the Browns paid Watson for this season was specifically so he could attempt to pay off all his accusers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I saw this news earlier today that’s a tough one.
I don’t remember him as a player too much but I actually thought he was good as the endzone reporter.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I thought originally Watson said he wouldn't settle out of court?

I think the lawyers always say that to start even when they are trying to negotiate a settlement behind the scenes. It's part of the whole "Our client is completely innocent!" defense. Plus the attempt to keep the settlement as low as possible for their client.

The rule with these things typically is do not let them go to trial because that is too risky and too public. So, they are always working for a settlement and they like them because you make the victim take the money and to get it sign paperwork that they will never discuss it again. This is always what they want and if you can afford to make the payoffs, Watson can, the way to go.

You could call it rich person justice.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And that will won't prevent other women from coming forward and making claims, now seeing that he's willing to pay out big bucks. Especially if he continues the same behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks