What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Well, the Ravens were originally scheduled to play Dallas tonight, so that one had to move.

Couldn't the Cowboys just forfeit the game. It's safer and would save Mike McCarthy the trouble of having to come up with a plan to lose.

Apologies in advance to Cowboys fans. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
But it's so much fun to see the look on Jerry Jones' face when they show him on camera after the Cowboys have imploded.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Couldn't the Cowboys just forfeit the game. It's safer and would save Mike McCarthy the trouble of having to come up with a plan to lose.

Apologies in advance to Cowboys fans. ;)
I know you were just joking, but as an FYI -- I read that in case of a forfeit, the players from both teams do not get paid for the game. While the league certainly doesn't want to cancel any games for many reasons, the players are also highly motivated to play.

No word on whether Ohio State players got paid for the two games they had cancelled. ;)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I know you were just joking, but as an FYI -- I read that in case of a forfeit, the players from both teams do not get paid for the game. While the league certainly doesn't want to cancel any games for many reasons, the players are also highly motivated to play.

That's true. Players are only paid if they are available to play or are legitimately listed on injured reserve. This is exactly why those who violate rules and cause others to lose money due to their disregard or ineptitude should be severely punished.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
But it's so much fun to see the look on Jerry Jones' face when they show him on camera after the Cowboys have imploded.
This is the biggest reason that I HATE the Cowboys- the media caters to his need for attention. A lot of us know that Jerry is the reason the team doesn’t win, and yet he’s treated like royalty by the media. Jerry doesn’t know or care about team leadership- that’s the biggest factor why his teams constantly come up short (go ahead, Jerry- get another castoff trouble child from another team- that will fix everything. :rolleyes:)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is the biggest reason that I HATE the Cowboys- the media caters to his need for attention. A lot of us know that Jerry is the reason the team doesn’t win, and yet he’s treated like royalty by the media. Jerry doesn’t know or care about team leadership- that’s the biggest factor why his teams constantly come up short (go ahead, Jerry- get another castoff trouble child from another team- that will fix everything. :rolleyes:)
My hatred for the Cowboys pre-dates Jerry Jones by many years. Not sure why, but I took a natural dislike to them when I first started watching the NFL as a kid. The first Super Bowl I can remember watching was SB V, when the Colts beat the Cowboys 16-13. I rooted hard for the Colts in that game, and yet I've never cared one way or the other about the Colts otherwise.

Having Jones buy the team was just the cherry on the top of the sundae for me. His ego drove off the best football guys he ever hired -- Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. I enjoy seeing them lose more than any other NFL team.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
For me it was when [more how] they fired the legendary Tom Landry. I grew up loving them as many did in the 80's but todays organization bears no resemblance to that one.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Reason #6,287 why the Lions are a hopelessly incompetent organization with a snowball's chance of turning things around. It appears ownership and the (cough, cough) front office is looking to hire a head coach first and then find a GM that can work with the HC, with no mention of hiring any type of executive leader with football experience. Once again the Fords are doing things completely bass-ackwards.

One rumor is they are interested in hiring Eric Bieniemy and then getting former Chiefs and Browns GM John Dorsey as GM. I cannot see why this season's hottest head coaching candidate would want to go where NFL head coaching careers go to die.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Reason #6,287 why the Lions are a hopelessly incompetent organization with a snowball's chance of turning things around. It appears ownership and the (cough, cough) front office is looking to hire a head coach first and then find a GM that can work with the HC, with no mention of hiring any type of executive leader with football experience. Once again the Fords are doing things completely bass-ackwards.

One rumor is they are interested in hiring Eric Bieniemy and then getting former Chiefs and Browns GM John Dorsey as GM. I can not see why this season's hottest head coaching candidate would want to go where NFL head coaching careers go to die.
Yes I agree that Bieniemy will have options, and the Lions job seems like the worst one- an aging QB who has never won anything, despite his physical talent, and a lot of holes in the team.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Isn’t Stanford a free agent after this season?
Even if he is, the Lions won’t have first choice for their next young QB. It will take a long time (if ever) for them to turn things around, especially with that ownership (the Ford family and Bengals owner Mike Brown are disasters).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Bears channeled their inner Detroit Lions and blew a 10 point lead with just over 2 minutes left in the game, and still had time to drive most of the length of the field to only have Cordelle Paterson run out of bounds a yard short of a first down, and then fail to pick up the yard on 4th down. My Lions prediction is that the team will show just enough in the remainder of the season that Ford Hamp and Wood end up hiring interim coach Darrell Bevel as the new head coach. It's the Lions way.

@Robert Crawford must have been nervous about the Raiders. It took a last second bomb to avoid the embarrassment of losing to the winless Jets. I have no idea how the Jets could have been in that pass coverage -- Ruggs was 1 on 1 with the defensive back and blew right by him.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The Raiders came very close to being the first team to fall to the Jets. After last weeks performance I would have been asking for Gruden's head.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
@Robert Crawford must have been nervous about the Raiders. It took a last second bomb to avoid the embarrassment of losing to the winless Jets. I have no idea how the Jets could have been in that pass coverage -- Ruggs was 1 on 1 with the defensive back and blew right by him.
Actually I was laughing at their ineptness today as I was exchanging texts with my brother throughout the game. I never thought of the Raiders as a playoff team with too many deficiencies, particularly on the defensive side of the ball along with the fact I'm not sold on Gruden being able to coach in today's NFL. The Jets DC, Williams sure did bail them out with that ill-advised blitz on that Raiders 4th down. Just stupid!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Who would have predicted that the Giants, playing without their young starting QB Daniel Jones, would travel to Seattle and beat the Seahawks? Such a strange season.
Unlike the Raiders, my other team that I root for, the Giants with less talent than the Raiders have shown continued progression with better coaching and players that really play hard for their young HC. Their defense has been very impressive over the last month or so. I was fearful that Russell Wilson would bring the Seahawks back, but the Giants defense held on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Raiders came very close to being the first team to fall to the Jets. After last weeks performance I would have been asking for Gruden's head.
:rolling-smiley:That was my brother and who was so upset at Gruden that he called me up at the end of the game because he thought the Raiders lost until that dumb Jets coverage call on the last play of the game. Hell, I thought they lost and were in the middle of another losing streak like last season. His TV feed was some seconds ahead of mine and he started screaming in the phone when Ruggs caught that ball.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks