What's new

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And I do. Brown and Woods are long time lowlifes and I've never had any use for them. It is guys like these that typically give other professional athletes a bad name. Sad and lousy.
Please.... How did Woods give professional athletes a bad name? He was a womanizer that shouldn't have been married, but he's a far cry from AB. We, sport fans are such a self-righteous group like we don't have any human faults and we lack empathy for athletes that fail to live up to our standards for sports stars.:rolleyes: They're no different than anybody else except being blessed with an athletic talent only given to a few people.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Please.... How did Woods give professional athletes a bad name? He's a womanizer that shouldn't have been married, but he's a far cry from AB. We, sport fans are such a self-righteous group like we don't have any human faults and we lack empathy for athletes that fail to live up to our standards for sports stars.:rolleyes: They're no different than anybody else except being blessed with an athletic talent only given to a few people.

Think about that for a moment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Think about that for a moment.
I don't have to think about it as I don't place athletes on any kind of pedestal. They're flawed individuals that might have been pampered too much, but basically they're like the rest of us except they have athletic ability with perhaps a lot more money.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bet you the NFL places AB on the exempt list next week to keep other teams from making the same mistakes the Raiders and Patriots did with him. The dude clearly needs to some professional help.
Well, the NFL won't place him on the exempt list while AB is an unrestricted free agent. Which means if a team signs him and they do place him on that list, he can't practice or play in games, but the team still has to pay him. Which team is going to take such a chance? I can see it happening as I wouldn't put anything pass these teams and their need to win games at all costs. Except, when it comes to Colin Kaepernick which should tell you something about their lack of scruples.;)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...n-on-exempt-list-as-long-as-hes-a-free-agent/

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
My 2 cents on Woods-

I don’t respect what he did, and I won’t watch a tournament that he plays in (the sycophants in the media have been given a directive to openly root for him, and I have zero respect for that also).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My 2 cents on Woods-

I don’t respect what he did, and I won’t watch a tournament that he plays in (the sycophants in the media have been given a directive to openly root for him, and I have zero respect for that also).
:laugh: I didn't know you got hold of that internal memo as proof to your accusation. I guess you don't respect any man or woman that cheated on their spouse?

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Please.... How did Woods give professional athletes a bad name? He was a womanizer that shouldn't have been married, but he's a far cry from AB. We, sport fans are such a self-righteous group like we don't have any human faults and we lack empathy for athletes that fail to live up to our standards for sports stars.:rolleyes: They're no different than anybody else except being blessed with an athletic talent only given to a few people.
The thing that bothered me most about Woods was that he created this image of himself that was a complete lie in order to get endorsements, and then humiliated his children with his actions. He listed his daily routine in an article in Golf Digest that claimed every day was workouts, practice and family time. I don't know where he fit in all those rendezvous with the litany of trashy women.

I still respect Woods incredible talent as a golfer, but lost all respect for him as a person. He pales in comparison to the game's greats that he idolized and was mentored by - - Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The thing that bothered me most about Woods was that he created this image of himself that was a complete lie in order to get endorsements, and then humiliated his children with his actions. He listed his daily routine in an article in Golf Digest that claimed every day was workouts, practice and family time. I don't know where he fit in all those rendezvous with the litany of trashy women.

I still respect Woods incredible talent as a golfer, but lost all respect for him as a person. He pales in comparison to the game's greats that he idolized and was mentored by - - Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus.
Fair enough, but I need to shift this discussion back to the NFL. Sorry about that guys for this thread derailment.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
To get things back on track, I may have missed one other QB candidate to be benched in the future - - Mariotta. He's looked shaky in two starts, and just received the dreaded vote of confidence from the head coach. Ryan Tannehill is waiting in the wings. Not an encouraging situation for Titans fans.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
AB tweeting up a storm this morning, further indicating how unhinge he is as this dude needs some professional help. Any team that tries to sign him now will forever be on my shit list. He's not right and shouldn't be around any football team.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
While I realize that this is not indicative of the entire fan base, I found this pretty disturbing...

https://nypost.com/2019/09/22/patri...aled-second-accusation-against-antonio-brown/

Folks, it's just a game.

- Walter.

Well, on a positive note most people in New England, the Boston sports media, and sports talk radio here did nothing but trash the Patriots for signing Brown. Which I found encouraging. So, the theme here in Boston seemed to be "Get this guy off the team now!" from the moment they picked him up.

The Kraft family, who have a pretty hard time claiming the high ground, what with Robert and his hitting up Asian hookers in a very questionable establishment, apparently went off the deep end when they discovered how bad this guy was. It's all been dumped on Belichick now by the Krafts and sports media here. He had the connection to land him as he is buddies with Brown's agent and Belichick has this rule of "Doesn't matter what you did elsewhere as long as you don't do it while you are here." which Brown clearly violated when he sent threatening texts to one of his alleged victims.

The internet is loaded with nuts and trolls so you will definitely find that in these situations.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Damn, the Giants might have found their next franchise QB.;) A lot more to see before we know, but he's off to a good start.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Damn, the Giants might have found their next franchise QB.;) A lot more to see before we know, but he's off to a good start.
Many of the back-ups had a pretty good day, even if they didn't all win. I thought Mason Rudolph did pretty well for the Steelers. Their problem was a defense that seems to be made more of swiss cheese than steel curtain.

And Kyle Allen could quickly have Panther fans asking, "Cam who?"

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was discussing Antonio Brown with a close friend who is a Central Michigan alumnus and whose college roommate still has close ties with the athletic program. According to his college buddy, Brown was well liked at CMU. He had been homeless for a couple of years before entering college, and was genuinely appreciative of the opportunity CMU gave him.

So it still begs the question as to what happened. His erratic behavior seemed to start soon after Pittsburgh gave Brown his first contract extension, picking him over then #1 WR Mike Wallace, who they let walk in free agency. Ego, head injury, mental illness?

Giants fan get some hope for the future with Jones, but also get some bad news with Barkley in a walking boot with what looks like a high ankle sprain.

How in the heck do the Eagles lose at home to the Lions? Philly fans cannot be happy this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks