What's new

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I will be going to the Raiders-Vikings game. GO VIKES!

RaiderVikings.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Patriots released Antonio Brown! His latest mess about sending threatening text messages to one of his accusers this past week appears to be the last straw for Kraft and/or Belichick.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Wow- that didn’t last long with The Brady Bunch
(most of us knew it wasn’t going to last anyway).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Brown went from $30M guaranteed with the Raiders to $9M potentially guaranteed from New England (plus $20M next season) to earning about $100K in 2019. It's great to see him not profit from his petulant child strategy to get out of Pittsburgh and Oakland.

The last time we saw an athlete piss away this kind of money was when Tiger Woods wife clobbered him with his 7 iron. Of course, the situations were different, and Tiger had a lot more money earned and put away. I'll bet Brown's not nearly that intelligent -- I wouldn't be surprised to read a story in a couple of years about him being broke and homeless.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brown went from $30M guaranteed with the Raiders to $9M potentially guaranteed from New England (plus $20M next season) to earning about $100K in 2019. It's great to see him not profit from his petulant child strategy to get out of Pittsburgh and Oakland.

The last time we saw an athlete piss away this kind of money was when Tiger Woods wife clobbered him with his 7 iron. Of course, the situations were different, and Tiger had a lot more money earned and put away. I'll bet Brown's not nearly that intelligent -- I wouldn't be surprised to read a story in a couple of years about him being broke and homeless.
Tiger's infidelity is one thing, but AB is beyond that indiscretion. Frankly, I thought Tiger took too much heat from the media and general public for what he did as that situation was a personal situation between him and his wife which ended up with her being a very rich divorcee.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I think NE was sick of the distractions. Every press conference question was about AB and his off-the-field issues. Belichick wasn't going to put up with that for long.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bet you the NFL places AB on the exempt list next week to keep other teams from making the same mistakes the Raiders and Patriots did with him. The dude clearly needs to some professional help.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So the Steelers knew all along that Brown was scum and he committed all these acts while a Steeler yet they still tried to keep him...what a disgusting organization they are. The Rooney's are total slime.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Tiger's infidelity is one thing, but AB is beyond that indiscretion. Frankly, I thought Tiger took too much heat from the media and general public for what he did as that situation was a personal situation between him and his wife which ended up with her being a very rich divorcee.

Oh, I agree that the situations are much different. I was just comparing the lost money -- Tiger's from lost sponsors and Brown's from his lost salary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks