1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10 News and User discussion

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Sam Posten, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    Thank you very much for all of your help, Howie! :)

Unfortunately though, I think that even removing the ram in my Acer Laptop might be a bit more than I'm comfortable with, never mind tinkering with jumper connections on the motherboard. If this were a tower instead of a Laptop, it would be a different story, as I'd have no problem with CMOS Battery removal on that type of setup.

As it stands, a local brick and mortar electronics merchant just gave me a $45 - $55 estimate over the phone, for resetting the BIOS. I'll be calling back Wednesday after he checks with his technician regarding possible trade for my WD 320 GB External HD. I really want to bring my Acer Aspire E1-522 Laptop back from its current useless state, if at all possible.

CHEERS! :)

2. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    You're welcome, Tony! I hate that you were unable to get things working without a visit to a repair shop. At least the quote they gave you is fairly reasonable and hopefully they'll charge at the low end.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  3. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    That's what I'm hoping for, as well. I'll also try to mention your resetting the CMOS jumpers tip, as that is very likely in a far more accessible position beneath the ram, than the CMOS/BIOS Battery behind the SD Bay of my Acer Aspire E1-522 model.

CHEERS! :)