What's new

Whats your favorite sub and surround sound demo? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
My favorite subwoofer demo for my SVS is monsters inc. When they bring the girl into the apartment and she starts laughing.

My favorite surround sound demo is anything in black hawk down.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
My favorite subwoofer demo for my SVS is monsters inc. When they bring the girl into the apartment and she starts laughing.

My favorite surround sound demo is anything in black hawk down.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
To me, you can't beat the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, some of the best mastering I have seen to date, period. :)

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
To me, you can't beat the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, some of the best mastering I have seen to date, period. :)

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Blue Man Group DVD is good for all. maybe not the lowest but definately kicks your chest.

star wars and terminator THX intros.

POD RACE
DARLA

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Blue Man Group DVD is good for all. maybe not the lowest but definately kicks your chest.

star wars and terminator THX intros.

POD RACE
DARLA

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Master and Commander, the first battle scene. The cannons and ensuing sounds of wreckage are amazing.
Also, in the same video, the storm scene where they are going around Cape Horn.

Al. Wise

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Master and Commander, the first battle scene. The cannons and ensuing sounds of wreckage are amazing.
Also, in the same video, the storm scene where they are going around Cape Horn.

Al. Wise

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
All the THX intros are great for surrounds.

Oh, and lets not forget any of the 15 or so depth charge scenes from U571 for subs.

--steve

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
All the THX intros are great for surrounds.

Oh, and lets not forget any of the 15 or so depth charge scenes from U571 for subs.

--steve

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite is the JP Lost World teaser trailer from the Widescreen Review DTS disc.
Great surrounds from the lightning and forest creatures then some great low and controlled bass from the T-rex and the exiting stomps.

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite is the JP Lost World teaser trailer from the Widescreen Review DTS disc.
Great surrounds from the lightning and forest creatures then some great low and controlled bass from the T-rex and the exiting stomps.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
this is kinda in relation to this topic:

i was looking for a DVD of JUST thunderstorms. basically just wanted late late night ambiance stuff. thought a thunder storm would get the sub going and the rainfall would have get the surround effects going pretty well. if this is too off topic, sorry

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
this is kinda in relation to this topic:

i was looking for a DVD of JUST thunderstorms. basically just wanted late late night ambiance stuff. thought a thunder storm would get the sub going and the rainfall would have get the surround effects going pretty well. if this is too off topic, sorry

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Yes, that is the best I have come across so far for bass. For surround, Pod Race from SW is good. Master and Commander has good surround scenes throughout the movie. Then there are a number of movies that are not loud by any means but you can feel and hear the addition of a good subwoofer.

Watching the corridor fight scene from Matrix with my new SVS PC Ultra was a totally different experience from SVS 16-46PCi. It has sounded great before but now it has a totally new level to it.

Then there is of course the opening fight scene in LOTR:FOTR. Play that at reference volume and your audience will be either dumbfounded or covering their ears.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Yes, that is the best I have come across so far for bass. For surround, Pod Race from SW is good. Master and Commander has good surround scenes throughout the movie. Then there are a number of movies that are not loud by any means but you can feel and hear the addition of a good subwoofer.

Watching the corridor fight scene from Matrix with my new SVS PC Ultra was a totally different experience from SVS 16-46PCi. It has sounded great before but now it has a totally new level to it.

Then there is of course the opening fight scene in LOTR:FOTR. Play that at reference volume and your audience will be either dumbfounded or covering their ears.

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
If you really want to work out your sub, try this DVD:

Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie

Be warned though you may damage your hearing and have neighbors calling the cops! ;)

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
If you really want to work out your sub, try this DVD:

Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie

Be warned though you may damage your hearing and have neighbors calling the cops! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks