What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

Toronto Argonauts

Supporting Actor
Mississauga, Ontario Just West of Toronto
Real Name
David Thompson
51tktbm8XaL._SX342_.jpg

I saw it last night. very entertaining

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, streaming in 4K from iTunes. Movie was every bit as entertaining as I remembered and the presentation was very film-like.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yesterday I was in the mood for something I hadn't seen for a very long time, so I watched Track of The Cat. I bought the DVD ages ago and had forgotten how good it is. It was interesting to watch Beulah Bondi play a mother totally unlike the mother she played in Remember The Night! Mitcham was superb as the bullying, macho, sneering de facto head of the household. He didn't do it very often, but he was really good at playing unpleasant people.

Track of The Cat was a Batjac production but the DVD case says Warners own the copyright. I don't know how likely this film is to being given a Blu-ray release but it could look marvellous in high definition.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I got back from my trip this afternoon and have been playing catch-up on the DVR. Tonight I'll finally get to the season premiere of The Orville.

I watched Murder on the Bridle Path, a Hildegarde Withers mystery I had never seen before. Far below the quality and entertainment value of the Edna Mae Oliver trio. Still, glad to have seen it.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Last night, two films by Claude Autant-Lara: Lettres d'amour (Love Letters), and Douce; both Eclpse DVDs
Today, Kore-Eda's Shoplifters (DCP)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In order to get a 20% Vudu coupon, I had to watch one of their free-with-ads movies tonight, and I chose one I hadn't seen since I suffered through it at the theater, Wild Wild West. What a misguided approach and waste of talent movie this is! I know at that point, Will Smith hadn't had a big budget blockbuster flop, and this proved the first one of several he would have, but he's all wrong for James West. Kevin Kline was an adequate Artemis Gordon. Selma Hayek was pitifully wasted in the movie, around basically to stand in the scenes in a corset.

Pretty good effects for something at the dawn of the CGI era.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks