What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Registering my digital codes with my new movies I purchased this Christmas and I found I did not have a digital code with Avengers Age Of Ultron 4K Blu-ray. :angry:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
upload_2019-1-3_0-40-18.png

Continuing the New Years Theme

and started

upload_2019-1-3_0-42-10.png

I.
II.
III
IV.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I had another viewing of Peyton Place yesterday. I love these melodramas, particularly the ones produced by Jerry Wald. Some of the dialogue is poor: the big confrontation scene between Lee Philips and Lana Turner was badly written, but I still enjoy this film enormously. Lana, Hope Lange, Lloyd Nolan and Arthur Kennedy are always good.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've been catching up with DVR TV today and also continuing to watch A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. Hopefully will get to some movies at some point over the weekend, but it may be on Sunday.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I re-watched Black Gold yesterday. I like this film and feel it's a bit underrated. It's as good as any other film about wildcatters prospecting for oil. Diane McBain, whom I've always liked, gets a chance to move beyond the spoilt rich girl she played in films like Parrish and A Distant Trumpet. She's good in Black Gold, although not tall enough for Philip Carey! Claude Akins in one of his best roles makes a splendid villain!

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
eighth-grade-poster-e1532620890591.jpg

Peg and I watched this last night. It was fine. The girl was extremely good. The film gave a realistic portrayal of what age 13 is like for most kids. I was constantly thinking about things from my middle/high school years which corresponded with the girl's. And it was interesting to see the role of technology in kids' lives today. For goodness sake, not even my youngest child had to deal with the pervasiveness of cell phones likes kids/schools today must.

But I didn't care for the film.

I pretty much just decided afterward that I just wasn't any part of the target audience for a film like this.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This weekend I only watched a couple of films. One film was "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" at my local cinema. A pretty good animation film, but one that I won't buy on disc. The other was TCM's Noir Alley showing of "His Kind of Woman". An overlong film that I have to be in a certain mood to watch as it's about 20 minutes too long that Howard Hughes indulge himself in making back in 1950. Vincent Price was obnoxious in this film as he really hammed it up as he did in other films afterwards. Robert Mitchum and Jane Russell were good and so was Raymond Burr in his usual baddie role before he worked the courtrooms of Perry Mason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks