What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had planned to start Agent Carter yesterday, but life kind of intervened and I didn't get to it. Now, today I received Time Tunnel on Blu-ray imported from the UK, so I'll have to start that today instead. Haven't watched the show in so many years and am really looking forward to these high definition transfers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This weekend:

full

I LOVE Jennifer Lawrence and thought she was terrific in this. Honestly, it's the kind of movie you need to pay close attention to or else you might find yourself not being able to keep up with what's going on. Minimize those distractions for this one! :D

An old school Cold War flick. Her Russian accent sounded pretty good to these untrained ears. She pretty much carries the film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This weekend:

full

I LOVE Jennifer Lawrence and thought she was terrific in this. Honestly, it's the kind of movie you need to pay close attention to or else you might find yourself not being able to keep up with what's going on. Minimize those distractions for this one! :D

An old school Cold War flick. Her Russian accent sounded pretty good to these untrained ears. She pretty much carries the film.
Considering she never went to acting school, she's a pretty damn good actress. I'm sure she's had some training since becoming an actress, but she appears to be a natural.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched The Fortune Cookie, a film I saw when it first came out but never since. I've tried a search here to see what comments there have been about this film, but I drew a blank. Can that be right?

Anyway, I like this film and I think Walter Matthau's performance is superb. I was also taken with Judi West. Although I've never seen her in anything else, I think she deserved a bigger career. I also think her character in the film get a rough ride. She's no angel but she's not the wicked woman we're encouraged to think she is. She's a normal, rather selfish person who wants to have a career and is willing to cut corners to get there.

Twilight Time's Blu-ray disc is excellent and is probably the best from their short liaison with MGM.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
My official HTF review can be found here..

Thank you for that. I don't understand why the HTF search engine didn't find anything. I notice that you, I and other posters all agree that the picture quality of this disc is excellent.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
November 14th, 2018 Wednesday

The Crow
1080p blu-ray upconverted to 4K
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

the_crow_reboot_movie_poster_by_melciah1791-d31yry5.jpg

Poltergeist
1080p blu-ray upconverted to 4K
5.1 Dolby True HD to Auro 2D

MV5BNzliZmRlYTctYmNkYS00NzE5LWI1OWQtMTRiODY5MDMwMTVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Coming soon to this HT Sony XBR55A9F 4K OLED TV

Attachments

• MV5BNzliZmRlYTctYmNkYS00NzE5LWI1OWQtMTRiODY5MDMwMTVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNzliZmRlYTctYmNkYS00NzE5LWI1OWQtMTRiODY5MDMwMTVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched The Deadly Companions yesterday. When I bought the DVD in 2007 the only decent version I could find was in Scandinavia. There are now several DVDs of this film in various countries. I wonder if there will ever be a Blu-ray disc.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With the new Mary, Queen of Scots opening very soon, I decided to revisit the 1971 Mary, Queen of Scots (alas, on DVD) with superlative performances from Vanessa Redgrave and Glenda Jackson and a bunch of great actors in stalwart support.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks