What's new

General Discussion Digital Review Theatrical What movies, cinema, films do you recommend that you watched this week? (1 Viewer) (1 Viewer)

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
OK question
What movies, cinema, films do you recommend that you watched this week?

That you highly recommend
And why do you recommend it?

I figure with everybody on this site there’s gotta be amazing answers here, gateways for us to all see some amazing visual media so I’m looking for suggestions

It’s a good disc, It looks amazing if it sounds anything goes

OK, I’ll go first

IMG_7124.jpeg

Star Wars episode eight the last Jedi
4K Blu-ray Dolby Atmos

Sounds Amazing and looks pretty darn good
I wanted to give it another shot because I will always wonder what he had in his head for episode nine and would it have validated episode eight

Last edited:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Dune Part 2 - First time viewing this week via the 4K UHD Disc (Still running a 1080 FP however).

Magnificent film that was completely enthralling. The film is a technical marvel with brilliant cinematography, sound design, and production design. It does a fine job of concluding Villeneuve's treatment of the first Frank Herbert novel set in the universe of Dune. Every aspect of the film works and in addition to the technical aspects of the feature, the performances are uniformly strong.

If you enjoyed Part 1 then please do yourself a favor and watch this film. (The sound design alone makes me wish I had seen this theatrically.) I can't recommend anything I've seen this year (home or cinema) more highly.

- Walter.

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
Oh, I agree. It’s a masterpiece. I have seen parts one and two, but I’ve watched Part Two about four times now.
It’s absolutely incredible
Five stars

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There is a regularly used thread in the Blu-ray subforum called "What's on your daily viewing list?" which @Robert Crawford created all the way back in 2013. It is a sticky thread over there and seems to be in constant use. Additional worthwhile suggestions may be found there.

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
There is a regularly used thread in the Blu-ray subforum called "What's on your daily viewing list?" which @Robert Crawford created all the way back in 2013. It is a sticky thread over there and seems to be in constant use. Additional worthwhile suggestions may be found there.

OK, I kind of wish. I didn’t create this thread now.

What’s on your daily viewing list OK

I’m gonna go there thanks brother Jake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks