What's new

What is John Williams' best score? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_M

Agent
I don't know of their availability but I would opt for 1941, The Fury (as varied a musical score as any horror film has ever had) and The Missouri Breaks (terrifically understated and intimately arranged)

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I've heard the Imperial March score. It is one of the best score ever composed! I haven't watch Star Wars Episode 4-6 yet On one of these days, I am gonna rent some VCDs of Star Wars. May I know in which scene does this score take place? Fighting?
No, when Darth Vader makes his entrance. Wow, it's incredible that someone in the world hasn't seen the original Star Wars trilogy yet!
It makes for a very ominous scene when the man in black strides confidently on the bridge of his Star Destroyer with the Imperial March playing. Boy, are you in for a treat! :D Too bad you can't see it in it's OAR glory. :frowning:

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I can't pick a "best" John Williams score. I do, however, think that Presumed Innocent is his most cerebral.

Travis D

Second Unit
Return of the Jedi.

The Final Battle composition with the choir is his best work.

Outside of Schindler's List that is.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
He might tell you it's Mrs. John Williams. ;)
Personally, I really like the Indy series, SW series, and Jaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks