What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Anyone who still wants the steelbook should check Best Buy's website as soon as possible. As I write this, it is in stock for shipping -- delivery by December 12 -- and, at least at my local store, for store pickup. Obviously, there is no guarantee as thaw long it will stay in stock.

I was just going to say that I stopped in at the "anchor store" BB I referred to previously, and there was one copy of the Indy SB there (which I picked up). There were also several copies of the Young Guns 4K SB.

There will absolutely be more steelbooks as long as the studios want to release them. They just won't be sold at Best Buy anymore. The studios will simply redirect the supply to other stores instead of Best Buy. For example, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes will have its steelbook exclusively at Walmart, which already put it up for pre-order.

I was speaking of the BB SBs, though I concede that I didn't specifically say so.

Sony, Paramount, and Lionsgate have been issuing their own SBs for a while now, but the other studios haven't. Unless Wally or Target take them on, I don't see (for example) Disney bothering to release SBs of the Marvel films going forward -- though they might, given they're doing or will do them for Loki, WandaVision, and The Mandalorian -- or Warner doing them for the DC films.

And regards Sony, Paramount, and Lionsgate, they seem to be largely doing SBs months (or years) after releasing the original, standard editions instead of day and date (except where Paramount's been at least aiming to release SB editions of the current Trek shows alongside the standards).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was speaking of the BB SBs, though I concede that I didn't specifically say so.
I do agree that it will be a bit strange not to automatically order a steelbook from Best Buy after so many years of being conditioned that they are the steelbook store. I almost never go into Best Buy for anything other than physical media. But I don't think I'll miss it, especially because they have been raising their prices considerably over the last year or so compared to other stores.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I surely won't miss hurriedly racing to my local Best Buy, only to find something I want is inexplicably sold out and forever unattainable. Like today, for instance! This one was store pick-up only, no shipping. Why? To lure me into buying another washing machine? I have like 8 of those now.

I thought physical media was dead! Isn't everyone "neuroning" content now using braincaps by Sirius Cybernetics Corporation? How can these things ever "sell out"? Such bullshit. Best Bye!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I surely won't miss hurriedly racing to my local Best Buy, only to find something I want is inexplicably sold out and forever unattainable. Like today, for instance! This one was store pick-up only, no shipping. Why? To lure me into buying another washing machine? I have like 8 of those now.

I thought physical media was dead! Isn't everyone "neuroning" content now using braincaps by Sirius Cybernetics Corporation? How can these things ever "sell out"? Such bullshit. Best Bye!
I kind of gave up on BBY B&M as a source for for new discs when the had My Fair Lady 4K under "Action-Adventure" ;) ....

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Sigh.

I checked the Best Buy web site early this morning. As expected, the Dial of Destiny SteelBook still not available for shipping and no copies at my local store. HOWEVER, the store in the next town over had one copy available for pickup. Hooray! I scooped that right up and headed over there.

And this is what they handed me...

dial1.jpg

Yeah, take a gander at that lovely gouge right across the entire front cover.

dial2.jpg

That's not the only scratch to penetrate the shrinkwrap, either. It's just the one that shows up most clearly in photos.

Of course, this is the only copy available within 200 miles, so what am I gonna do?

$41.99 plus tax well spent right there. Thanks a bunch, Best Buy. :angry:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Score! I didn’t think it would happen, but my order did work and the store did have a copy! As was said above, this will likely be the last Steelbook I’ll get from Best Buy, so it was worth the effort.

IMG_2625.jpeg

Josh, sorry to see your copy wasn’t perfect. I lucked out and my copy looks ok and as far as I can see through the shrink wrap, no dents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks