What's new

Warner Bros Archive Wish List 2022 and Beyond!! (1 Viewer)

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
One more vote for The Devils. Also I would like to see Ken Russell's other masterpiece The Music Lovers on Blu-Ray. Oh What A Lovely War is a cult classic that need a proper upgrade although I guess we're lucky to even have it on DVD. And of course the back catalog of 3D films that WB has access to. Even though 3DTVs are not around the growth of VR/AR headsets like the Oculus 2 and soon Pro are a terrific way to watch 3D movies in a virtual 3D environment. As we can assume 3D displays will return again in the future, it's time to restore these 50's movies for film history and entertainment.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
Count me in for The Devils as well. I was the only one of my circle of compadres (save one, college days) who didn’t loathe it. There’s always something in a Ken Russell film to spark interest (his book Fire Over England is a good read, too).
I’d love to watch the abundant 3-D Warner titles on a UHD display without the need for pesky glasses. I have (but haven’t watched yet) the 3-D version of Dial M for Murder. We saw it years ago in a revival house showing and it was so effective, even if the projection level was a little dim (a not uncommon problem I believe in this format). Any news on potential no glasses required display advancements? I’m thinking I saw a blurb about it recently, but no time frame for availability, if ever.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
the new extras with Mr George F on new releases for all of us!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
these make me feel so much better now... ;)

Attachments

• 31d1c74aea7ce04bd332896e8317a206.jpg
    31d1c74aea7ce04bd332896e8317a206.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 1340871086_406016614_1-pictures-of-dvd-collection-for-sale.jpg
    1340871086_406016614_1-pictures-of-dvd-collection-for-sale.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 61

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
As we can assume 3D displays will return again in the future, it's time to restore these 50's movies for film history and entertainment.

You are refreshingly optimistic, Michael. I hope you are correct. 3D Film Archives is on a methodical path to try to pry the rights and materials from stubborn rights holders. Some will eventually come around. Others are...no way to politely say it, so I won't.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
A short, random list of what I'd like to see on blu:
* THE POWER (1968)
* IT! (1967)
* THE SHUTTERED ROOM (1967)
* THE BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS (1943)
* WILD, WILD PLANET (1966)
* WAR OF THE PLANETS (1966)
* SNOW DEVILS (1966)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
A short, random list of what I'd like to see on blu:
* THE POWER (1968)
* IT! (1967)
* THE SHUTTERED ROOM (1967)
* THE BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS (1943)
* WILD, WILD PLANET (1966)
* WAR OF THE PLANETS (1966)
* SNOW DEVILS (1966)
Thanks Shawn, the lost Peter Lorre is on dvd but...yeah it would be nice to have a restored cleaner edition. And the WWP, WOTP and SD would be great, all of these are Euro Sci Fi romps...not sure where or if these OCNs could be located, or if they even exsist? These too were released on MOD DVDs.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I just watched my BD of Camelot, with Richard Harris, Venessa Redgrave and Franco Nero the other day. And although it was the "Road Show" presentation, I don't believe and real restoreation was done to the film elements. Has anyone else revisited this edition? I would LOVE to see a fully restored version of this!!

Attachments

• 517H5IoP+rL._AC_SY580_.jpg
    517H5IoP+rL._AC_SY580_.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 16

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I just watched my BD of Camelot, with Richard Harris, Venessa Redgrave and Franco Nero the other day. And although it was the "Road Show" presentation, I don't believe and real restoreation was done to the film elements. Has anyone else revisited this edition? I would LOVE to see a fully restored version of this!!
I’m right there with you on a new scan for Camelot. Those beautiful sets and costumes (both Oscar winning) and that glorious music supervised by Alfred Newman and Ken Darby (likewise Oscar awarded) would be rife with possibilities to upgrade. The photography tended toward the dreamy, misty look, so clarity of picture is of utmost importance here. And that stunning Lerner and Loewe music possibly could be afforded an all enveloping Atmos track to show off what Newman and Darby created to best effect. I know the film has many detractors, but like everything, it’s subjective. It likewise has many admirers, myself included.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I’m right there with you on a new scan for Camelot. Those beautiful sets and costumes (both Oscar winning) and that glorious music supervised by Alfred Newman and Ken Darby (likewise Oscar awarded) would be rife with possibilities to upgrade. The photography tended toward the dreamy, misty look, so clarity of picture is of utmost importance here. And that stunning Lerner and Loewe music possibly could be afforded an all enveloping Atmos track to show off what Newman and Darby created to best effect. I know the film has many detractors, but like everything, it’s subjective. It likewise has many admirers, myself included.
From your mouth to Mr Fs ears!!!! :D

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Although I haven't seen this movie, it sounds like my cup of tea. Here's a review from 23 years ago from imdb....

PS The second poster looked like it was signed by Irene Dunne herself.

"10/10
One of the best films of World War II
Ron Oliver26 December 1999
This is the story of an American woman who marries into a rich English family in the early part of the 20th Century. We become involved in her experiences during the World Wars and see how these conflicts affect her family. Produced while the Second World War was still being fought, this film was intended to be both a morale booster for American audiences and as a salute to our British allies. The film boasts a great cast, each perfect in their role. Irene Dunne is the American lady; Alan Marshal the dashing knight she marries. Roddy McDowall & Peter Lawford portray their only son at different ages. Bumptious Frank Morgan is Dunne's irascible father; Dame Gladys Cooper is Marshal's aristocratic mother. Dame May Witty is the sweet old nurse. Van Johnson is a young American friend headed for war. Norma Varden is the proprietress of a London boarding house. John Warburton, Jill Esmond & Brenda Forbes are various English relatives. Wonderful old Sir C. Aubrey Smith is an opinionated retired Major....More than a MRS. MINIVER wannabe, THE WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER has a charm all its own."

white cliffs 2.jpeg
white cliffs 4.jpeg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Although I haven't seen this movie, it sounds like my cup of tea. Here's a review from 23 years ago from imdb....

PS The second poster looked like it was signed by Irene Dunne herself.

"10/10
One of the best films of World War II
Ron Oliver26 December 1999
This is the story of an American woman who marries into a rich English family in the early part of the 20th Century. We become involved in her experiences during the World Wars and see how these conflicts affect her family. Produced while the Second World War was still being fought, this film was intended to be both a morale booster for American audiences and as a salute to our British allies. The film boasts a great cast, each perfect in their role. Irene Dunne is the American lady; Alan Marshal the dashing knight she marries. Roddy McDowall & Peter Lawford portray their only son at different ages. Bumptious Frank Morgan is Dunne's irascible father; Dame Gladys Cooper is Marshal's aristocratic mother. Dame May Witty is the sweet old nurse. Van Johnson is a young American friend headed for war. Norma Varden is the proprietress of a London boarding house. John Warburton, Jill Esmond & Brenda Forbes are various English relatives. Wonderful old Sir C. Aubrey Smith is an opinionated retired Major....More than a MRS. MINIVER wannabe, THE WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER has a charm all its own."

View attachment 160115 View attachment 160119
White Cliffs Of Dover, The 1a.jpg

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I am all for THE MUSIC LOVERS on Blu as well, but since the MOD DVD was from MGM, I assume MGM still has the rights somehow.
Correct. It was a United Artists title like Women in Love, both of which are now with MGM. It’s in dire need of a remaster, as Criterion were stuck with a dated SD master when it played on the channel a few months ago.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Any of the Max Fleischer cartoons would be welcome, particularly those made with a Christmas theme.
Some of you are getting quite "granular" and esoteric in your wish lists. Like how many Fleischer Studio cartoons have a Christmas theme? Bing Crosby can have a Xmas set, but Max Fleisher?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks