What's new

BEST PICTURE NOMINEES on Blu Ray (2 Viewers)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Last night TCM showed a gorgeous print of SKIPPY. What a pity that no one is interested in releasing this Oscar-winning film (Best Director) in BD. Jackie Cooper's performance was also nominated, and he should have won over the over-baked one delivered by Lionel Barrymore in A Free Soul.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Last night TCM showed a gorgeous print of SKIPPY. What a pity that no one is interested in releasing this Oscar-winning film (Best Director) in BD. Jackie Cooper's performance was also nominated, and he should have won over the over-baked one delivered by Lionel Barrymore in A Free Soul.
Damn!!!!! I’m so mad I missed this! I would have recorded it! :(

I asked KINO about releasing it, and they basically told me, “why would we release a film that won’t sell?” When they release a lot of other films that don’t sell well. The thing about SKIPPY is is that it’s never been on disc before (a plus for who ever releases it) and it won and was nominated for several Oscars. It should have been a no-brainer.

I’m hopeful someone else will release it. Always hopeful.

Maybe TCM will show it again…

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks