What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Secret of the Incas – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Secret of the Incas is a wonderful discovery, finding its way out of the Paramount vaults in all its three-strip Technicolor glory, to a new Blu-ray from Kino.

The basic storyline is an adventurer who gets involved in a search for ancient treasure in the Peruvian jungles, and it could be wonderful fodder for a re-make of sorts.

While this release isn't a full three-strip restoration of Warner Archive quality (and expense), it looks fine, and rather print-like with occasional flecks of YCM bits. Never a problem.

Everything about the release is nicely done, with nary a problem in sight. Problem for someone interested in updating is who would look proper in Mr. Heston's signature hat and leather jacket?

Possibly Ben Affleck?

Look for Marion Ross as a tourist.

Worth your time.

Image – 4

Audio – 4 (DTS-HD MA 2.0)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Works in projection - Yes

Works up-rezzed to 4k - Yes

Highly Recommended

RAH

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Knowing that it got the WAC treatment I haven't even opened the Imprint edition that I recieved...looking forward to this one!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't think he's old enough. It seems like that role can only be filled by someone over 70 years of age.
How about over 80 years old.:) There is little doubt that Spielberg and Lucas watched this movie in their youth. An inspiration along with those old serials.

1675446117188.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't preorder this title because I wanted to wait and read reviews before doing so. I will do so now as I'm looking forward to comparing this video presentation to the 2022 Imprint Blu-ray. Also, I have the iTunes HD digital that I purchased about two years ago. I wasn't impressed with that stream when I watched it back then so I'll take another look at it.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I didn't preorder this title because I wanted to wait and read reviews before doing so. I will do so now as I'm looking forward to comparing this video presentation to the 2022 Imprint Blu-ray. Also, I have the iTunes HD digital that I purchased about two years ago. I wasn't impressed with that stream when I watched it back then so I'll take another look at it.
Never saw it - great cast is it a FUN movie?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I can't recall if Lucas and Spielberg admitted they stole Heston's look in this for Indy.
Must be some connection maybe Paramount sold them the story rights to this in return to dist their film -- but this film looks like a hoot - one of Robert Youngs last film role b4 he went to TV! Great location work! And a nice review by RAH as always!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Must be some connection maybe Paramount sold them the story rights to this in return to dist their film -- but this film looks like a hoot - one of Robert Youngs last film role b4 he went to TV! Great location work! And a nice review by RAH as always!
Are you saying it would go well with a nice cup of ...
1675486582205.png

SANKA :P! ;)!
I'm thinkin it might Welby ... :D!

Craig999

Agent
Real Name
Craig
Just watched the new KL blu-ray and I loved it. I ony remember a bit of this on B&W TV when I was a little kid, specifically the scene where Nicole Maurey takes off her shirt to have a cut examined by the "Doctor" Robert Young. Funny what young boys remember, LOL. Anyway, I thought the 4k remaster was beautiful, sharp focus and good color. Somewhat slow-moving melodrama for the most part, but colorful with nice location photography and a great performance by a decidedly non-Moses Charlton Heston. Easy to see why this must have been a major influence on Raiders of the Lost Ark. Recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks