What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Before we return to tv on DVD news, for CBS I'd personally like to see My Three Sons and Petticoat Junction along with a remastered Blu-Ray release of Combat!. :)

I also wouldn't mind some more remastered seasons of MacGyver and more of One Step Beyond (If it's indeed been worked on like a rumor claims).

ElPaBr

Agent
Real Name
Elaine Salisbury
Thank you for posting the updates here! I joined this forum just so I can find out what's being released!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:welcome: Welcome to the Home Theater Forum Elaine!

We've got quite an avid fanbase of classic TV that roam these hallways! :laugh:

Looks like you'll fit right in!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Not entirely clear if the reboot dynasty season 2 listing is for a "dvd mod" version or not.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmm ...... Downton Abbey being re-released by Universal. It was originally released by PBS on dvd and bluray.

Wonder if this is only for Downton Abbey, and not PBS changing distributors entirely.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hmmm ...... Downton Abbey being re-released by Universal. It was originally released by PBS on dvd and bluray.

Wonder if this is only for Downton Abbey, and not PBS changing distributors entirely.
Likely just Downton, because Universal has had international distribution for discs for ages, and distributed the film.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Another possibility is PBS signing on to that Warner/Universal joint distribution company, which MGM appears to signed onto recently.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Speaking of MGM.

I noticed on my recent weekly shopping trip to Wallyworld, that the multidisc James Bond dvd sets (released by Fox years ago) now have a "distributed by Warner" sticker on the back cover placed over the old Fox info.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Likely just Downton, because Universal has had international distribution for discs for ages, and distributed the film.

If Universal is now the primary distributor for Downton, then I wonder if Universal will redo all the authoring on the dvd (or bluray) discs WITHOUT any of the extra basketcase drm.

The original PBS releases of the dvd and bluray discs of Downton Abbey, all had extra basketcase drm encoded. (It is the same extra basketcase drm which Lionsgate uses on the dvd and bluray discs of their A-list movies).

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
If the Monty Python set is as good as it is described, I'm upgrading my set to the Blu-ray edition.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
If the Monty Python set is as good as it is described, I'm upgrading my set to the Blu-ray edition.
I own a copy of the Network region free release (60hz transfer for the US) from last year. It's an excellent release. The PQ is astounding - especially considering it was produced on 2" video tape and 16mm film. The *only* negative thing I have to say about the release is there are no chapter stops at each sketch - something I was rather spoiled to with the DVDs (well... and the box that pretty much self-destructed inside during shipping due to poor design - but I doubt that'll be included on the Universal release). They don't mention the books which were in the "Norwegian" release (they're quite lengthy prefect bound paperbacks with tons of information and history) which is a shame. Those are worth the price of the set by themselves.

If you're a fan - upgrade. It's absolutely worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks