What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features
full

– The Pajama Game – 1957
full

– Good News – 1947
full

– After the Thin Man – 1936

full

– Batman: Soul of the Dragon – 2021

full

– The Swimmer – 1968

full

– The Court Jester – 1955

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, RoundUppers…

January may have crawled in meekly…but it sure is going out with a BANG!

Lots of that is courtesy of the Warner Archive—the same group who gave us some new titles of note over the Christmas/New Year’s holiday window. But there is also a wide range of other interesting titles to be aware of this week as we begin to head into a busier season.

Hope there’s something for you! Safe shopping!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Probably Come Play and several of the Warner Archive titles eventually. Already have Silent Madness 3D direct from Vinegar Syndrome.

Deep Discount currently has Silent Madness 3D for $26.99. In addition to the regular 3D blu-ray, the package also includes an anaglyph 3D option viewable by anyone on any 2D display and two pairs of anaglyph 3D glasses, plus the regular 2D flat version. A fun watch and typical of most 80's slashers. 3D restoration by the 3D Film Archive.

1610915434170.png

Last edited:

Clay_E

Second Unit
The Court Jester for me - my favorite Danny Kaye movie (and how I wish they'd bring more of his films onto Blu-Ray)!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's something...different.

The new HTF software is prompting me that THIS THREAD--the 7-20-2004 RoundUp is a "similar thread" to this one. :laugh: (In the "Similar Thread" widget in the right-hand column.)

Highlights: Thunderbirds Are Go. And The Big Bounce and Starsky & Hutch were released in both OAR and MAR versions.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike, you are right about this week! Five titles for me:
  • After the Thin Man
  • The Court Jester
  • Laurel or Hardy
  • The Pajama Game
  • Room For One More

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The Swimmer is a fascinating and original film, but $40?

Are you saying that price doesn't hold water ;)?

I believe you can buy it at Hamilton Book for $32.95 + $4.00 shipping + your local tax

1611254918561.png

While the "Publisher" is listed as "Columbia" checking on the 2nd image below the cover shows it is the "Grindhouse" edition which is why the SRP is $44.95.
1611255238555.png

Most of the actual Columbia discs say SONY for the publisher
1611255485913.png

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. I have After The Thin Man on pre-order. I have wanted to get The Swimmer for some time, but it's been out of print. However, I am not paying that price for a BD.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Target Circle offer - 20% off most 4K UHD, Blu-Ray and DVDs. Most(?) pre-orders excluded (and recent releases) but does include The TEN Commandments 4K UHD Blu-ray. Note you must log in to your Target Circle account and add the discount to your account.

Most current Criterions are on sale and prices vary. The best values would be older releases at the $22.XX price-point, or some of the collectors sets. Free shipping over $35.00 on most items or with use of the Target Red card which gives an additional 5% off the reduced total.

Keep in mind there may be a Criterion direct sale in February.

Ends January 30 but in the past it was a one-time use coupon.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The Swimmer is a fascinating and original film, but $40?
I can't tell if this is old stock or new stock but Target has The Swimmer for $22.99
1611958912260.png

With Target Circle 20% off is closer to $20.00 - then ad the 5% Reed card discount. (Free Shipping with payment by Red Card) or $35.00 order (groceries etc included).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks