What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features
full

– News of the World – 2020
full

– Soul – 2020
full

– Shoot Out – 1971
full

– Raw – 2016
full

– Schoolgirls in Chains – 1973

The Prices

full

Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!
Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

This is one of those times when I'm going to splurge on the steelbook release of Soul. I think it is a tremendous movie, and I really like the artwork on the steelbook better than the functional but plain images used for the standard releases. Disney+ has already added a bunch of extras for it on their platform, but the disc appears to have the audio commentary and deleted scenes exclusively. I am really looking forward to digging into that stuff.

I was also thinking about a blind buy of News of the World, but the Soul steelbook is enough for one week. So I might rent News of the World instead. $22.99 isn't terrible for a new release, but $22.99 plus $34.99 would be a lot, and Soul is non-negotiable.

Those who are interested in the Target gallery book for Soul should know that those are typically excerpted from the hardcover coffee table art books that Disney releases for most of their films. So if you have that or want that, I would be surprised if there was anything different in the Target exclusive. The complete art book by itself is available for +/- $31 on Amazon right now. It may go down in due course. I haven't gotten it yet, but I did get the Onward one at a discount last summer after it had been out for a while first.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
A nice mix of old and new after weeks with little to no 4K. Thanks as always Mike! And yeah, I'll the the BvS a look. Halfway through SnyderCut and am pleasantly surprised. It's not a perfect film, and I wouldn't put it up there with the top tier MCU movies...but it's so superior to the Whedon cut that it's not even worth comparing the two. Odd choice to frame it at 1.33:1 though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've had the UHD release of News of the World on preorder for a while now with Amazon, but it's currently listed as "Arriving Apr 2 - May 5". If it hasn't shipped by the release date, I'll probably cancel my order and just pick it up in store from Best Buy.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Will probably pick up Soul and Event Horizon at some point.

I've had the UHD release of News of the World on preorder for a while now with Amazon, but it's currently listed as "Arriving Apr 2 - May 5". If it hasn't shipped by the release date, I'll probably cancel my order and just pick it up in store from Best Buy.

Soul for sure when the price is right.

Thanks for the RoundUp!

I'll bump this from last weeks thread for those looking for price points --

Target B2G1 sale starts Sunday. Like always it says Select Title and excludes preorders, but from sale to sale that wording is incredibly squishy.

Usually it good for some of those leftover WAC titles or items that weren't on the 4/44 sale. Stock issues with WAC is always an issue and items released since October are very spotty.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Soul steelbook appears to be sold out at Best Buy. Phooey. :angry:

Usual for BBY Exclusive SB to go OOS a few days to a week or more before release day, but ALMOST always come back into stock at least for Instore pickup on Release Day a little after 1am ET (sometimes 1:10 or even 2am, but usually closer to 1).

Sometimes the online order returns as well though not as predictably IF or When.

I've been told BBY sets a quota about how many can be sold before release day to make sure to push that Release Day crowd. They usually seem to pre-sell 1/2 - 3/4 of the anticipated in-store stock to make sure the shelves at least have a few copies when the doors open. Problems happen when a particular store only get 10 instead of 20 from the warehouse, or the shipment is delayed 72 hrs due to weather or misrouted trucks, or the replicator only supplies BBY 50-75% of the contracted number by time of distribution

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'll bump this from last weeks thread for those looking for price points --

Target B2G1 sale starts Sunday. Like always it says Select Title and excludes preorders, but from sale to sale that wording is incredibly squishy.

Usually it good for some of those leftover WAC titles or items that weren't on the 4/44 sale. Stock issues with WAC is always an issue and items released since October are very spotty.
The Target B2G1 sale is live. Some pre-orders are included but not many - that may change. This is not a Circle one time offer. They are also including "activity kits". Items releasing this week are not included.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm not seeing many eligible new release or preorders -- News of the World and Soul both appear ineligible.
The few 3/30/2021 items I was hoping for are all ineligible and 2 of the WAC items I had in my preloaded cart went OOS just before the sale started and one actually while I was heading to checkout.

I did pick up ShowBoat, Pump Up the Volume, and My Dream is Yours for $37. Showboat went OOS almost immediately afterwards so I might have gotten teh lone copy OR it will one of those -- sorry it's on backorder that sits in the Pending box for 6-8 weeks before cancelling it (Drop Dead Gorgeous did that for months until I cancelled it when it was eligible for the Nov 4/44). On MoonLight Bay was in stock Sat, then OOS by nightime. I got an email that it and Harley Quinn were in-stock again, but by the time I got to the website they were gone again.

I real

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Usual for BBY Exclusive SB to go OOS a few days to a week or more before release day, but ALMOST always come back into stock at least for Instore pickup on Release Day a little after 1am ET (sometimes 1:10 or even 2am, but usually closer to 1).

Sometimes the online order returns as well though not as predictably IF or When.

I've been told BBY sets a quota about how many can be sold before release day to make sure to push that Release Day crowd. They usually seem to pre-sell 1/2 - 3/4 of the anticipated in-store stock to make sure the shelves at least have a few copies when the doors open. Problems happen when a particular store only get 10 instead of 20 from the warehouse, or the shipment is delayed 72 hrs due to weather or misrouted trucks, or the replicator only supplies BBY 50-75% of the contracted number by time of distribution
Sadly, most often, stores only receive 2 or 3 of these exclusives, if they are lucky. To be fair to customers, these exclusives are often not placed on the sales floor until minutes before the doors open, and employees are forbidden to purchase them until one hour after the doors open. At least that is how my general manager handled these exclusives during my tenure at Best Buy.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That's why I reserved my copy of Soul for store pickup almost as soon as the steelbook preorder went live. You can do that early, but it's often difficult to do in close proximity to the release date.

If you really want it, I would get up early and check on Tuesday morning though. I thought I was going to be out of luck on the Knives Out steelbook, but they had a copy up for grabs online for store pickup on the morning of its release. I never checked out with something faster in my life and got what I think might have been the last one. You might be able to get lucky on Tuesday.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Soul steelbook appears to be sold out at Best Buy. Phooey. :angry:

@Clay_E I just got the email that my pre-order is ready for pickup (or will be tomorrow, since the store is closed now.). While checking on that, I noticed that they have the "Add to cart" button active on Best Buy's website again, so It seems like they have some copies available again for shipping at a minimum and possible store pickup. I don't know how many, though, or how long they'll last. So if you'd want it, I'd head over to the website ASAP.

Good luck! :) I hope you can get one.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Got mine in the mail today. I'd forgotten about the double points, but 400 points when I redeemed the DMI points.

But right on time the SB came back into stock just after 1am.

I waiting for the WW84 SB to go OOS and pretty much do the same though Warner SB don't seem to be quite as limited nor as much in demand. I'm waiting to see whether Shipping will come back (you said you saw Shipping Available?), but the ISPU is available in the nearest 30+ BBY listed online for my location EXCEPT my closest store so just as well that I had it shipped.

I winced when I got to the Mailbox this afternoon and saw the flimsy bubble envelope when multiple other people said they got boxes with air packets -- the SB looked to be in good condition except one small ding that I found under very close scrutiny,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks