What's new

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up - no confirmation yet, but Barnes and Noble 50% off Criterion Sale SHOULD start sometime in the next week. I'm expecting Friday November 3rd, but one place has it listed as starting Monday Nov 6.

Sometimes this piggybacks with an Arrow Sale 50% off as well, but that isn't nearly 100% and from reports most BN stores have pulled back on their in-store Arrow Selection which has gotten to be pretty good for a years or 2 in some stores

JFKarr

Grip
Real Name
John Karr
The Roundup is such a valuable resource. I look forward to it every week, and some weeks it's the only thing I read in the Forum. I'm still buying DVDs and Blu-ray discs, preferable the latter. I like a hard copy. I would have jumped at Our Town, but too many people have complained about its poor quality. I'm so disappointed. Guess I'll have to stick with the FocusFilm issue ( which the company claims has been digitally remastered, but which has muffled sound and distorted music. and occasionally, dialogue).

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
MIke, I may not comment with the same frequency as I once did, but I always check in every week for it and the RoundUp continues to be a trusted and invaluable resource for me. I'd hate to see it go, however, I know it requires a lot of work and a big time commitment on your part, so whatever you decide it A-okay by me. I am just grateful for everything you've done for the HTF community over the past 20 plus years.

Yes, the physical media landscape has changed and it's going in a negative direction. And, quite frankly, that is why the RoundUp is more important than ever. The price grids and deal information are certainly beneficial, but to me the driving catalyst for the RoundUp has always been your dedication to constantly shine a light on important, non high-profile releases and upgraded re-releases that otherwise go unnoticed. I can't begin to list the number of films I would have missed out on had I not seen it mentioned in the RoundUp. For example, this week you include Blu-rays for World Of Giants and T.R. Baskin. I would not know about either one if not for the RoundUp. I guess what I'm trying to say is that YOU and your knowledge of film is why we continue to need a RoundUp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks