What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Little Mermaid – 2023
full

– The Exorcist – 1973
full

– Cocaine Bear – 2023
full

– The Trial – 1962
full

– The Lost City of Z – 2016
full

– Linoleum – 2022
full

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
After a very “weak week,” I would say this is a “rebound week.”

There are any number of interesting titles to be had. As you will see in the “SPECIALS” section, I had issues this week finding prices for the 4k/UHD release of The Little Mermaid (2023).

So…good luck and safe shopping, RoundUppers!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work as always, Mike!

Past Lives for me. It is among my favorite films this year and I highly recommend it to anybody who might have missed it theatrically.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The Sunday Woman is an excellent film. Jacqueline Bisset (nude) in bed with Mastroianni, Trintignant playing gay...gruesome murders...scathing criticism of high society... Judge for yourself.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Trial… except I doubt it has enough rewatch value for the price.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As you will see in the “SPECIALS” section, I had issues this week finding prices for the 4k/UHD release of The Little Mermaid (2023).
You had trouble finding prices because there is no general release of the film in 4K. The retailer exclusives 4K editions are the only way to get it in 4K. Disney Movie Club will have the keepcase version. Best Buy will have the steelbook. And Walmart will have a pin. That's it.

Disney also did this earlier this year with Strange World and is continuing this trend with the forthcoming releases of Elemental and the new Haunted Mansion. So it appears to be their new standard for Disney-branded films.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
You had trouble finding prices because there is no general release of the film in 4K. The retailer exclusives 4K editions are the only way to get it in 4K. Disney Movie Club will have the keepcase version. Best Buy will have the steelbook. And Walmart will have a pin. That's it.

Disney also did this earlier this year with Strange World and is continuing this trend with the forthcoming releases of Elemental and the new Haunted Mansion. So it appears to be their new standard for Disney-branded films.
And Best Buy is showing $39.99 for the steelbook. Ridiculous. God I hate how Disney has such a big stick up their ass.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

That explains why I couldn't find the 4K Little Mermaid until I went to Walmart.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
And Best Buy is showing $39.99 for the steelbook.
Unfortunately, that seems to be the standard pricing for a new release Disney steelbook now.

Strange World was also $39.99 when I bought it back in February, and The Little Mermaid will certainly generate more demand than that did. Elemental (which is also nixing a standard widely available 4K option) will be the same next week.

I have bought fewer steelbooks this year than I have in the past because of the price increase.

The Disney 100 steelbook re-releases are slightly less at $29.99 apiece, but even those are really high for reissues of old discs and should be less.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@Mike Frezon Posted my review of The Little Mermaid.

@Mike Frezon - Posted my review of The Exorcist:

Added to the grid @Todd Erwin ! :D

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks