What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Oppenheimer – 2023
full

– The Expend4bles – 2023
full

– Godland – 2022
full

– Stalag 17 – 1953
full

– The Fugitive – 1993

full

– Saw X – 2023

full

– The Scarlet Letter –...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I’m pretty happy with the look of this week’s RoundUp. I think Amazon, Best Buy (short timer), Bull Moose, Deep Discount, Target are a decent spread of vendors.

Yet another week with some pretty darn good releases. Action, comedy, drama, horror. And Iceland!

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D

24fpsNinja

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
I think I’m pretty happy with the look of this week’s RoundUp. I think Amazon, Best Buy (short timer), Bull Moose, Deep Discount, Target are a decent spread of vendors.

Yet another week with some pretty darn good releases. Action, comedy, drama, horror. And Iceland!

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D
I think that’s a great lineup of vendors, thanks for all that you do. I’m also appreciative of the Steelbook exclusive notes you have done, primarily from Best Buy in the past.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Target B2G1 All Movies, Music & Books - Starting Nov 19 - Nov 25

I guess in the FWIW department. Target has dropped so many studios and lines that I'm not sure they have anything left I'm interested in. I don't think they carry WAC, Kino, Shout, Arrow, Criterion or anything from the Allied Vaughn Company anymore. With Ingram almost being shut down, I'm not even sure who Target is using as a wholesaler anymore. From the last bigger sale Target had i think most of their items were still being handled by the last remaining part of Ingram and it didn't look like they had made any effort to switch to Alliance Entertainment who's just about the only Home Media Wholesale distributor left.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Geez, can't even find Oppenhiemer UHD on Target's website, and the DVD and Blu are listed as 'Not sold in stores'. WTF? Are they following Best Buy in dropping physical media?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Geez, can't even find Oppenhiemer UHD on Target's website, and the DVD and Blu are listed as 'Not sold in stores'. WTF? Are they following Best Buy in dropping physical media?

They were far ahead of BBY in winding down. Their stores have been mostly barren for the last 2-3 years as well as their main wholesaler (Ingram) dropping complete lines -- first Warner Archive, then KINO/Shout/Arrow, then Criterion. Not much left except some Mass Market studios and small stock even of those. Ingram Entertainment announced earlier this year they were dropping most Home Video products and they were the only real Wholesaler other than the 600 lb Gorilla ALLIANCE Entertainment who appear to be the only non Direct Source left.

Target Search was always pretty poor and I had best results using UPC numbers if I was looking for specific items or Google Search with Target.com and UPC or Title/Format
It's OOS, but you can keep an eye on it https://www.target.com/p/oppenheimer-4k-uhd-blu-ray-digital/-/A-89734925

Ingram has operated out of 4 main Distribution Centers (TN, MD, OR, IL) for most of the last several years, but this summer even before their official annoucement they had consolidated almost everything out of their Memphis/Nashville Hub (and the warehouse just across the River from Memphis in Mississippi that most GRUV merch came from).

Honestly, you'll probably end up with a better price from Gruv.com for most Universal products anyway with even minimal wait time (SOLD OUT even on Universal;s Home Store so either very high demand or supply issues again)

Last edited:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
They were far ahead of BBY in winding down. Their stores have been mostly barren for the last 2-3 years as well as their main wholesaler (Ingram) dropping complete lines -- first Warner Archive, then KINO/Shout/Arrow, then Criterion. Not much left except some Mass Market studios and small stock even of those. Ingram Entertainment announced earlier this year they were dropping most Home Video products and they were the only real Wholesaler other than the 600 lb Gorilla ALLIANCE Entertainment who appear to be the only non Direct Source left.

Target Search was always pretty poor and I had best results using UPC numbers if I was looking for specific items or Google Search with Target.com and UPC or Title/Format
It's OOS, but you can keep an eye on it https://www.target.com/p/oppenheimer-4k-uhd-blu-ray-digital/-/A-89734925

Ingram has operated out of 4 main Distribution Centers (TN, MD, OR, IL) for most of the last several years, but this summer even before their official annoucement they had consolidated almost everything out of their Memphis/Nashville Hub (and the warehouse just across the River from Memphis in Mississippi that most GRUV merch came from).

Honestly, you'll probably end up with a better price from Gruv.com for most Universal products anyway with even minimal wait time (SOLD OUT even on Universal;s Home Store so either very high demand or supply issues again)
Thanks for the information. I ended up just going to Walmart and getting it there with no issue. I've pretty much always gone to Target for physical releases and never really had any issues until now. It was just kind of shocking that they weren't even stocking one of the highest profile releases of the year. Just bonkers.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A bit odd that Target wouldn't have Oppenheimer in stores as they seem to be stocking some other lesser new releases like Blue Beetle, Meg 2, Equalizer 3, and Gran Turismo. But in general, Target seems to also be moving in the direction of getting out of the disc business. At the two stores I get to most, new release discs are mostly just on one endcap and there's usually just a 10-foot or so section of one aisle with a few catalog titles. As others have noted, they have a lot more books these days than movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks