What's new

TimeSplitters 2 (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
This game is great, i've ben paying it on my X-Box like crazy. A question for those of you playing it though, what is the easiest way to defeat the dotcom Arcade level where you have to infiltrate their base? I've been having a lot of problems with this level. Thanks.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
That stage is a pain in the ass!!!!It doesnt help that the cannons in your own base try to kill you!! Best solution is just tear ass through the guns until you reach the halfway point. After that just be careful about taking out the fuel cans. After that just blow up their computers and you win!

ChrisV

Second Unit
Can an IGN insider spill the general consensus on the Timesplitters 2 head to head they did?

Or can someone who has compared the game on different platforms give their impressions?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Xbox is the perttiest version and best sounding due to DD 5.1 and 480p. PS2 version has the controller suited best for the game, of course that may be becuase that is the way the first one was. I havent played the gamecube version, but I am sure it is great. I decided on the PS2 version because I had trouble adjusting to the Xbox pad for this(I need 4 shoulder buttons for this game!) and also my friends dont have Xboxes yet, so with the ps2 version we are doing iLink parties every week or so with this game!

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
This game is great. I've been playing it on the xbox nonstop since I picked it up last week. Non of my friends have gotten a copy yet, so I haven't had a chance to play the system link yet.

I love being able to customize every single button. I was worried about the controls at first because I play Halo with the "Southpaw" style (move with the right thumbstick, aim with the left) and was worried this wouldn't be an option. It was pretty easy to invert the controls, turn off the auto aim and auto look forward, and set up all the buttons just like how I play Halo.

Keith, I had a hard time with the dotcom level last night because at first I was unsure what to do.

I think the trick is to take out the automated machine gun turrets, since those are what were taking away all my health. When you first start there is one on top of the bunker to the left, and two on the ground out past it. I used the ak47 to take them out one at a time. After that, I grabbed a mini gun and just charged the level until I got to the first checkpoint. Grab the homing rocket launcher and start blowing up all the gas cans. If you figure out where they all are, you can take them out easily with grenades or the shotgun. Finally, shoot a few grenades or rockets at the computers in the farthest room to beat the level. Tough, but very fun!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I finally beat the dotcom level today. I was so happy to finally beat that level but in the long run I also found it to be very fun, even though I got real mad and cussed out the game :) I still had a great time with that level. On a side note though level is dangerous it broke 1 of my X-Box controllers because of frusturation, thankfully MS is going to replace it:)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody played the "Outnumbered" challenge in the Honorary League where you have to kill 40 of the guys with the gloves as heads? This level is impossible!!

The best I've been able to do so far is 26. There is a spot with the double Tommy Guns where I can take out 4 or 5 Handy Helpers at a time, but it is hard to find. Anybody have any ideas??

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Justin-

Just try to get a dual tommy gun, stand in a corner or dead end hallway, and blast away at their heads. It's what I did.

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Man I just bought this game and at first the story part was boring especially in easy mode, butwhn you play it in normal mode, man its like whole new game!!!
The arcade is so much fun and addicting. I can go hours playing this game.
One of the best FPS out there.
Najib
www.roninonline.com

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I was just curious about the Xbox version. How many people can play at multiplayer at once. I mean both the 16 players in Halo, and the Xbox Live? And why is this game not available in Canada Yet?

ChristopherS

Second Unit
And why is this game not available in Canada Yet?
I bought TS2 at FutureShop on Tuesday October 22nd when I picked up E.T.

So far I am enjoying the game. I have only played Story mode and initially started on Normal. I had to drop it down to Easy as I can not seem to beat the damn Gunship and Special Forces attackers at the same time in the first level ( I can certainly fly through that level now as I had to restart is so many times). I am looking forward to some head-to-head action on XBCONNECT once I get better at the game. TS2 should be great in muliplayer co-op.

I am not sure why there are so many complaints about the controls. I use a Custom setting and inverse the Y-axis. I have the Look-a-head feature turned off but do use auto-aim. I find it quite comfortable and intuitive to use. In fact I cannot understand why this is such a large complaint. You can configure every single button on the XBOX controller. What more were people expecting?

If you like FPS I suggest giving this game a try. I am certainly enjoying myself.

Chris

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The control is THE best in any console FPS, but as I said in an above post, I prefer the PS2 pad for this game, as 4 shoulder buttons are essential for me. Just couldnt get used to clicking in on the sticks on the xbox pad. Also, the Dpad on the PS2 is closer for weapon switching and sniper zooming. Just a little personal quirk!

VinT

Agent
Is the Arcade mode kinda like the Multi-Player Challenges in Perfect Dark? Those were awsome.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
As long as they fixed the control from the demo, I won't be complaining. The demo control totally sucked, and at least one poster here said the control for the demo and the full-version were the same.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
no proof that's just what i heard, time splitters 2 was supposed to have live hookups but who knows if it still does or not. I haven't opened mine yet hehehe

-ELmO

Leroy

Second Unit
I know this was asked earlier, but the answers left me more confused.

So, once and for all, can someone confirm without a doubt that the AUTO_CENTERING(I want to be able to "look up" somewhere and when I let go of the analog stick, stay looking "up") can be turned off(Xbox version it it makes any difference)?? No reviews or other discussions on this (on other forums)have ever really answered this question.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Leroy,

Auto centering (In TS2 they call it 'Auto Lookahead') CAN be turned off. Under the "Preferences" menu you can toggle 'Auto Aim', 'Auto Lookahead', and 'Iverse Look' to be set to either on or off.

Plus you can customize every single button and thumbstick on the xbox controller to do whatever you want in this game.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Anyone got past the outnumbered but not out gunned challenge in honorary leage Where you have to kill 40 of the ducks at least?
The most I've gotten is 26 or 30. How do you do this? also what about the Capture the Flag challenge with Ghost and his team? thanks

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember how to specifically do any of the Arcade League or Challenge stuff, but I can say I beat all of the Arcade League mode (all I needed to do was beat the Robot Factory Assault, which was so F***ING TOUGH) and have most of the Challenge mode done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks