What's new

TimeSplitters 2 (1 Viewer)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,

To kill the 40 ducks:
Grab the double shotgun and find a good spot where you can see all of the doors. There are a few rooms where there are only a few entrances, these were the best spots for me. I also had success in the long hallway on that level. Just fire away as fast as you can with the double shotguns, and the ducks will drop like nothing. I got exactly 40 kills the first time I tried it.

For the capture the flag level:
Spend one round looking around the level (not trying to beat it) and find where all the powerups/weapons are. Here's how I beat it. After you spawn and make a right around there first corner, there is an invisibility immediately to your left. This is a yellow powerup. Continue on and make a left into the next room, there is armor right there. You can cut the corner to the left and come back out on the streets. Continue straight forward, and there is a small open doorway in the left hand corner at the end of the street. Enter here and grab the speed powerup (its blue). Now continue the rest of the way until you reach the enemy bag. Don't shoot anybody unless they shoot at you. Grab the enemy bag and head back to your base. You should still be invisible, so just run as fast as you can. If you get hit be on the lookout for armor. Also pay attention to see if the other team gets your bag. You will run past them if they have it, so kill the person carrying it and try to return it. This level is difficult but very doable. The powerups help A LOT.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Anyone got past the outnumbered but not out gunned challenge in honorary leage
Anyone got any tips on defeating the aforementioned Rice Cracker / Ghost / Capture the Bag Arcade level? (5 Bags in 4 minutes for Gold, 5 bags in 5 minutes for Bronze)
EDIT: Thanks, Justin. :)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I just played the OXM Xbox demo. Pretty fun game. I'm wondering, though, for those of you who own the game. Is this game worth a purchase as a single player game only? I hear lots of good things about the multi-player, but I'm more interested in the single player part.
Yes or no? :)
-Dan B.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Is this game worth a purchase as a single player game only? I hear lots of good things about the multi-player, but I'm more interested in the single player part.
No. My friend and I went through the co-op of the game and quite frankly, it blows. Bad controls, poor movement, it's too slow, too easy. I can see how the multiplayer (arcade) modes could be fun, but I don't want to waste more time on it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Rob-

Did you and your friend try to change the controls? My friend and I were playing TS2 last weekend in Co-op and had a blast. The Arcade is also really fun.

BTW, there is an Arcade mode made for a single player. It's called Arcade League and is set up to sort of teach you the skills you'll need to play against others in multiplayer. It's pretty damn fun. You can also make a custom Arcade level (as in build one from scratch using the MapMaker) and then add in missions/story elements. Or, you could just take one of the Arcade levels and throw some bots and rules in and play that for fun.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Is co-op available for Link play?

I've been waiting for a Co-op game that my friend and I can play over Xbconnect.

Here's to hoping.

Glen

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Bad controls, poor movement, it's too slow, too easy.
The characters do seem sluggish if you are constantly running around in "Target" mode. Toggle this off until you need the additional accuracy (head shot with the sniper rifle).

This game is fun and I am finding it challenging. I bought it based on reviews but if anyone is on the fence just rent it first.

Chris

Dan B

Screenwriter
Just for what it's worth, I found the control to be just fine in the demo, so that isn't going to be a negative factor in my decision to purchase the game.

I was more interested in whether or not the story mode & single-player arcade modes (assuming there are single-player arcade modes) make this a worthwhile purchase, and not something that can be played through in a weekend.

-Dan B.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The story mode is much like a demo disc for 10 fps games that all use the same engine.

-Dave

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Anyone know if in the Arcade mode, there are certain levels where you have to beat the Challenge with a certain medal (ie. Silver) to get anything out of beating it? I had this happen to me on more than one level, namely though last night on Rice Cracker Rush where I beat it with Bronze but I wasn't rewarded anything new for the multiplayer like characters, modes or levels. So do some levels require you beat it with a certain ranking or medal to get anything out of beating the multiplayer? thanks.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Getting Bronze medals helps to open the other Difficulties on Arcade League. Getting Silvers opens up 1 thing. Getting Gold opens up 2. I don't know what Platinums do, other than look cool and unlock the same things as Golds. Maybe you get something really cool for getting all Platinums.

At least, thats how I think it works.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I am going to revise my initial review of this game. I have now completed the single person Story Mode and most of the Arcade League.

The game has several limitations on the XBOX:
1. The graphics are poorly done. I have come to expect quite a bit more on the XBOX. It does not look bad but there are many XBOX games that look much better.
2. The sound is 4.1 at best. I do not recall any center channel action during gameplay. I also do not remember ever using directional sounds to find the enemy.
3. No online multiplayer. I knew this going in but it really puts a damper on me playing this game again. Not being a teenager I seldom have friends over to play video games anymore. I have tried it on XBCONNECT but it does not compare to XBOX Live. I have not tried co-op mode for the same reason.
4. The single player game is too easy. While playing through the Story Mode in Normal I did die on each level which I expected. What I did not expect was that I would be able to fly through all the levels again when replaying on Hard. The difficulty was only raised marginally. An example of a game doing it differently would be Halo. Going from Heroic to Legendary was not marginally more difficult (at least for me!). During the Arcade league I was able to get Gold on most levels on the first try (there were some exceptions but not many - and those took two or three repeats at most).

I did enjoy this game and I have no complaints about the controls or the lack of a jump button. For the above points I think this game makes a great rental or a good used buy (or a good sale price). I am going to trade this in on my next XBOX game purchase (probably that extreme sports one that has been mentioned in a couple of threads - if I can find it).

Chris

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
I have the demo and am having trouble with the control scheme. When I press in the analofg stick, the control becomes auto-centered. I tried turning off auto-lookahead and had no luck. Am I doing something wrong? and is this corrected in the retail version?

Thanks,
Adam

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
If this game wasn't easy, I'm pretty sure many people would be pulling their hairs by now, especially since the game only saves when you are done with each map. I don't even play the story, multi-play all the way.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I just picked this up today, and I'm enjoying it, but in a way thats significantly different than Halo.
The controls are "looser" I suppose, and I actually like it better without inversing the control, as opposed to Halo where I always inverse the control.
The graphics are good, in a cartoony sort of way, and although they aren't as detailed as Halo, they get the job done nicely. Sound is also good, but I don't have a good home theater setup for my Xbox, so I suppose if I did it'd be better.
My main problem is this, I buy mostly multiplayer games since that's where the fun is at, but none of my friends like any other multiplayer game other than Halo. I bought Deathrow as well recently, and all people ever said was "It's no Halo." And I KNOW that when they play TS2 all they're going to do is complain how it's not Halo as well.
I really need to get some more intelligent friends. :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just show them some of the multiplayer modes or Arcade League challenges and they'll see what's so great about TS2. Show them the one with the flaming green monkeys who chase you around!

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I have been having fun with this game. On Atom Smasher, figurnig out a good strategy to get to third bomb and find the scientist that becomes my biAtch and diffuses it within the friggin time limit.

-Bert

Juggalo

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
For the third bomb...

You need to operate the machine to lift the bomb up and place it in the thing on the right side of the track. Once it's in there, it disables itself.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Since the question has come up several times in this thread with conflicting answers, I finally rented the game last night to see if that absurd auto-center "feature" that was in the demo can be disabled in the full game. The answer is no. Toggling auto-lookahead, auto-aim, and everything else in the Preferences menu did not disable the auto-center. So if you hated it in the demo, you'll hate it in the game. I did. :angry:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think I understood what people meant by auto-center, but now I don't think I do.

Are you experiencing the problem when you're in Aim mode or when you're not in Aim mode? The auto-lookahead option enables or disables the thing where you look straight up (not in Aim mode) and then when you start moving it makes your view go back to the front and center position you start every level from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks