What's new
World Wide Stereo

TARGET Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Movies, Video Games, Board Games, Books -- June 11th - June 17th (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bump the last thread, but Target B2G1 is underway through April 13 . Target still with some limited choices, but many Kino's are a bit cheaper here than the Kino Direct sale. A lot of folks looking at Powerhouse Indicators as well.

Buy 2, Get 1 Free Books, Movies, Games

Columbia Classics V4 is a bit under $90-95 and possible a bit under IF you have a Redcard and possible some of the new Target Circle Discounts. Of ocurse you need a couple other big sets. Several folks appear to be using Shout Shaw Brothers sets

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You know... I purchased some board games this morning and absolutely missed that it also includes movies! And I had a single use 10% Circle offer that stacked!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I placed seven orders earlier this morning. Over the last year, I’ve purchased more discs from Target than any other retailer. I combined these Target sales with the accumulated Target gift cards I have at my disposition. I easily beat the Kino sales doing so.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I matched up Columbia Classics 4 with a couple of Star Wars omnibus volumes. Once I factored in the additional 10% off Circle offer, a $10 giftcard I got for ordering enough Lego product in a previous sale, and the Target Rewards I had built up, I think I got everything for about $58 each.

However, I also got an offer that if I made a $70 purchase this week that I would get a $10 Target Reward. Since the Star Wars books are preorders, I'm hoping that the Columbia set will count as being more than $70 so I can get that reward.

In the past, when Target would offer a Reward bonus, they would base it off of the original subtotal before subtracting the free item. But now it appears that they are calculating it after taking out all of the deals and discounts. And they prorate the third item and Reward credit discounts among all of the items.

They showed me the per item discount while I was in checkout, but I can't find those numbers anywhere after the fact.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Interesting that you guys find this beats the Kino sales. I can usually only find a very few titles that would beat the Kino sales (provided they're actually on sale at Kino).

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
However, I also got an offer that if I made a $70 purchase this week that I would get a $10 Target Reward. Since the Star Wars books are preorders, I'm hoping that the Columbia set will count as being more than $70 so I can get that reward.

In the past, when Target would offer a Reward bonus, they would base it off of the original subtotal before subtracting the free item. But now it appears that they are calculating it after taking out all of the deals and discounts. And they prorate the third item and Reward credit discounts among all of the items.

Did they really change that? They hadn't for my last attempt at earning such a reward bonus back around BF week. Definitely good to know if so -- my offer this time requires a single $140-plus order.

You and I had this same conversation beforehand.

My memory capacity definitely ain't what it used to be, heh...

_Man_

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Did they really change that? They hadn't for my last attempt at earning such a reward bonus back around BF week. Definitely good to know if so -- my offer this time requires a single $140-plus order.
Today was the launch of the new revamped Target Circle, so there's a new set of rules as to how the rewards program works. Most notably, no more 1% earning of Reward credit for every purchase.

I don't know if I've seen anyone confirm that they missed out on an offer that they previously would have gotten. But there has been a change in the wording in the fine print.

A “qualifying purchase” is a purchase made after you activate the offer that meets the minimum purchase threshold. Your purchase qualifies after automatic Target Circle deals are applied but before other discounts and coupons. Taxes, fees, and tips do not count toward the minimum purchase.

And then the phrasing on the actual B2G1 deal...

Target Circle​

Buy 2 Get 1
Free Books, Movies, Board Games, Puzzles
Auto-applied · Expires April 13th

"Auto-applied" is one of the changes they are highlighting. Although I'm not sure exactly what it refers to. I still had to click on the offer to get a 10% single purchase storewide discount.

But it looks like they are using that to make B2G1 a "deal" instead of a "sale", which may not trigger the Amazon copycat sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting that you guys find this beats the Kino sales. I can usually only find a very few titles that would beat the Kino sales (provided they're actually on sale at Kino).

_Man_

As always it depends on what items you want. I was way behind on my Noir: Dark Side of Cinema sets and ended up about $5+ cheaper per set than Kino $25ea plus a couple newer sets that Kino has for $33-35. Figured better now than waiting another 6-12 for those to go on sale.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I can never find 3 in these sales To make it worth my while.

I have True Lies and JFK on cart but cannot find another movie to add.
All the $5 digitalis are really spoiling me.

Does Target have a good enough search to find things like Shout and Kino?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Not really. Can try "Shout Facotry" but you may be best to search for a specific title.

Same with Kino.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
As always it depends on what items you want. I was way behind on my Noir: Dark Side of Cinema sets and ended up about $5+ cheaper per set than Kino $25ea plus a couple newer sets that Kino has for $33-35. Figured better now than waiting another 6-12 for those to go on sale.
Absolutely - I just got my 1st Kino order, which included the newish Mr. Wong Collection. Had I known Target's sale was coming up I could have waited and save ~$3 on that one. Other single titles can also save a buck or three. IMHO you benefit best from sets, like those noirs, and newer titles you don't want to wait for to pick up in a Kino sale. For example, the newly released Paint Your Wagon will cost only a couple of bucks more from Target than waiting for it to appear in a Kino sale. And that's for the BR. The 4K might be less from Target than in a Kino sale - kind of depends there.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Not really... they have one of the worst search engines of any major vendor. The filters work pretty good on basic stuff (which is handy as these sales typically only work on something sold by Target and that's a filter) - but that's the best I can say about their search.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I notice many of the titles that come up in my search of Target's sale are priced way over what I usually see them for on Amazon.
Star Trek TNG - $160! ($110 Amazon)
Columbo -$112! ($75 Amazon)
Growing Pains - $103! ($40 Amazon)

Very time-consuming to find a good deal. Wish the search function was better.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Today was the launch of the new revamped Target Circle, so there's a new set of rules as to how the rewards program works. Most notably, no more 1% earning of Reward credit for every purchase.

I don't know if I've seen anyone confirm that they missed out on an offer that they previously would have gotten. But there has been a change in the wording in the fine print.

And then the phrasing on the actual B2G1 deal...

"Auto-applied" is one of the changes they are highlighting. Although I'm not sure exactly what it refers to. I still had to click on the offer to get a 10% single purchase storewide discount.

But it looks like they are using that to make B2G1 a "deal" instead of a "sale", which may not trigger the Amazon copycat sale.
Some Deals are automatic. Other deals such as X% off one order or $X for a $X purchase have to be clicked on. I suspect to make sure you don't unknowing buy a $5.00 item for your X% when you could buy more for the one order. Plus are bonus offers (eg $X off Brand X TP) that you have to add. There are other offers that you no longer have to click on each item to add it to your Circle offers- This stops the issue of "too many offers" saved that could happen under the previous program.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Cart  Target.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks