What's new

Need Suggestions For X-Box Split-Screen, Co-Op Shooters... (1 Viewer)

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Hey dudes,

My girlfriend and her father have recently completed both Halo and Halo 2, each in co-operative split-screen mode and each in not much more than a day(!!). And they've played the co-op split-screen portion of 007:Everything Or Nothing. And now they're dying for more action. Criteria: 1st or 3rd person shooter, game must offer co-op split-screen (they're not interested in anything resembling a death-match), must be available on the X-Box. Any suggestions? A version of Timesplitters, perhaps?

Thanks! And cheers.

DS.

Edit: Perhaps my criteria are too narrow. Any suggestions do not neccesarily have to be split-screen, but they must be co-operative in play. Games are played with one console, connected to a single 27" TV. Thanks again.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
TimeSplitters 2 or TimeSplitters: Future Perfect would fit the bill quite nicely. They're both great games (Future Perfect more so), and funnier than hell. TS2 can be had really cheep and I would expect the prices on TSFP to continue to drop. Another thing I should mention is that the storyline directly continues from game to game.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
David, thanks! Duh like...the Timesplitters series is co-operative? A review I read made no mention of this aspect of play, which, as I indicated, is key to my needs. Cheers.

DS.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
How about Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory?
It has a 2 player coop mode, although, it's more a stealth based game than a straight shooter.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
My great thanks to both of you fellows. Richard, I'm afraid my gf and her dad both have trigger-fingers far too itchy for the Splinter Cell series, so Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters: Future Perfect it is, then!! Thanks again fellas, and cheers.

DS.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Stubbs the Zombie is based on the Halo engine and is co-op. It's also pretty darn funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks