Need Suggestions For X-Box Split-Screen, Co-Op Shooters...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dave Simpson, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Hey dudes,

My girlfriend and her father have recently completed both Halo and Halo 2, each in co-operative split-screen mode and each in not much more than a day(!!). And they've played the co-op split-screen portion of 007:Everything Or Nothing. And now they're dying for more action. Criteria: 1st or 3rd person shooter, game must offer co-op split-screen (they're not interested in anything resembling a death-match), must be available on the X-Box. Any suggestions? A version of Timesplitters, perhaps?

Thanks! And cheers.

DS.

Edit: Perhaps my criteria are too narrow. Any suggestions do not neccesarily have to be split-screen, but they must be co-operative in play. Games are played with one console, connected to a single 27" TV. Thanks again.

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

TimeSplitters 2 or TimeSplitters: Future Perfect would fit the bill quite nicely. They're both great games (Future Perfect more so), and funnier than hell. TS2 can be had really cheep and I would expect the prices on TSFP to continue to drop. Another thing I should mention is that the storyline directly continues from game to game.

3. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

David, thanks! Duh like...the Timesplitters series is co-operative? A review I read made no mention of this aspect of play, which, as I indicated, is key to my needs. Cheers.

DS.

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Um, Yes... [​IMG] I've played co-op on both.

See the review of TS2 here.

5. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

How about Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory?
    It has a 2 player coop mode, although, it's more a stealth based game than a straight shooter.

6. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

My great thanks to both of you fellows. Richard, I'm afraid my gf and her dad both have trigger-fingers far too itchy for the Splinter Cell series, so Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters: Future Perfect it is, then!! Thanks again fellas, and cheers.

DS.

7. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Stubbs the Zombie is based on the Halo engine and is co-op. It's also pretty darn funny.