What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The official Apple Watch discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Do you plan to buy an Apple Watch?

• Yes, I will be buying the new Apple Watch

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No, this technology is not for me right now

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
I think it's too early to eliminate the option "Or wear neither".
As someone who doesn't wear a watch, of course that's true. But this discussion was whether watchmakers should be worried about apple watch. For those who wear neither, they're completely out of that discussion since watchmakers don't have them in their customer base currently. Unlike Moe I'm not sure I'll leave the watchless camp for the apple watch. But I'll definitely check one out at the Apple Store!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Absolutely incredible. This is what happens when you are serious about something and aren't just flinging features on a wall and seeing what sticks:

That video has been deleted, Sam. I'm curious what it was.

Mark

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Carlo Medina said:
As someone who doesn't wear a watch, of course that's true. But this discussion was whether watchmakers should be worried about apple watch. For those who wear neither, they're completely out of that discussion since watchmakers don't have them in their customer base currently. Unlike Moe I'm not sure I'll leave the watchless camp for the apple watch. But I'll definitely check one out at the Apple Store!
But I think the greater topic is the future of watches? Watchmakers have nothing to fear from Apple, if the category is doomed, regardless of the latest hotness out of Cupertino :)

And while I'm intrigued and optimistic about this new gadget, I think it's too early to know if this will amount to anything at all. We've yet to see if having a tiny screen on your wrist is of any use to anyone.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I like the way my Fossil looks, it accurately keeps time and if it got broken at work (I'm a service technician) I would only be out $100.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My fossil is too chunky to fit under cuffs, so I bought a super-slim Skagen for the office. I've also got a gorgeous rose-gold with leather band (anniversary present).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Took Friday April 10th off from work so I can sit online and be one of the first to order an Apple Watch.

Very excited!

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I had to sacrifice getting the watch this month in order to fly to Boston for the festival premiere of my film. An acceptable trade off but damn I want it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was gung-ho about the Watch, but after reading rather reviews, even the positive ones, I've decided to wait. It had potential to be really cool. I think I'll wait until that potential is reality. Plus the significant other wasn't real hip on the idea of me buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks