What's new

SVS PC-Ultra -vrs- PB12-Plus/2 (1 Viewer)

BrentG

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to buy a sub. The room size is about 14x20 with 8' ceiling. But their is also a lagre opening into another room that is about 14x14.

I like the idea of the cylinder over the box, like being differnet. But I wont trade performance just to get the tube. So that said anyone have any comparison of these 2?

The PB12 has a bigger amp and twin drivers, but does that mean that it is any better?

Also have considered twin Rocket UFW-10's, but haven't heard much about them and want to get it right the first time.

Oh and this is mainly for home theator. I am looking for tight quick bass so you can feel thoose sound effects.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Well, I've never heard the PB12, but I have a room about the same size that opens up to a kitchen on one side....about the same as your conditions it sounds. I bought the PC Ultra and it fills the area (and surrounding area, upstairs, outback, the neighbors house) nicely. I'm sure that if I wanted to crank up the gain you might even be able to feel it at YOUR house :D

Great sub. With movies it hits hard and with music you don't know it's there until you turn it off.

Mort

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator
My HT room is 23'x 19' and my PB12+/2 is way more than I need. A single PC+ or PC Ultra should be plenty for your room. (I'd pop for the Ultra though. No regrets!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks