What's new

Decisions, SVS / SVS / SVS ?? (1 Viewer)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
OK guys I need some help here. . .

I am getting ready to upgrade my entire HT system. I have a SVS 2039 Passive that is sold. I powered it by an Adcom GFA-565 Mono amp and loved it.

Now I have decided one of these three. . .
1)- SVS PB12-Plus/2
2)- SVS PB12-Ultra/2
3)- SVS PC Ultra

All three are about the same price and within my subwoofer budget (1500.00) I had considered the Paradigm Servo-15 as all my other speakers will be Paradigm, Monitor 7 x2 and Mini-Monitor X4 plus the CC370 or the CC470 center. . .

I wanted Studio 20s and 2 Studio 60s for mains but gee wiz we are talking HT here 90%++ and I thought for 1/3 the money I can make do. . .

What are your thoughts here on these subs? Will there be 300 dollars difference between the two box subs and will the PC Ultra hold its own with one 12 against the dual 12s in the box. . . I like the small footprint of the Ultra. . . Cant really afford two. . .

Help me out here. . .Thanks

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Since your coming from the 2039 and like it so much, maybe the PC-Ultra should be your first Choice?? One bullet-proof unit that does it all. Don't know what size room your in but it can handle most 4000^ and under conditions just fine. In my leaky 2880 I could push it as hard as I dared and had no bottoming issues. listening level was at around -3 to -6 on most HEAVY material before it wouldn't give any more with a +2db calibration. Still wouldn't bottom at -0 though:)>(SS Filter teamed up with the TV-12) You know you like the 20Hz tune and it would be a major upgrade over your 2039.

PB12-Plus/2 would be the most for the $$ and the PB12-Ultra/2 would be what I would go with if it were my decision to make.:)

What ever you decide to go with it'll will be a win-win situation.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I think it will be the PB12-plus/2 also I am now looking hard at Assend(sp) CMT 370s at all 7 positions. . . or maybe 5 370s and 2 smaller 170s for RS duty. . .

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I think it will be the PB12-plus/2
__________________________________________________ ____

With what you have on your HT platter I would to:D

>>>Assend(sp) CMT 370s at all 7 positions

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I think so. . . I get model numbers confused but I think you get the picture.

I have studied a good bit and so far I like what I see. . . I have already had the Paradigm system (5 Titans) then moved to 5 NHT Super Ones with Rotel power. Then I moved to Pioneer Elite and Sony SSTX7S (all 7). . . Sounded great All priors were with the SVS 2039 for sub duty. . .but this new one looks better to me. . .

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I think so. . . I get model numbers confused but I think you get the picture.

I have studied a good bit and so far I like what I see. . .
__________________________________________________ ______

I do get the pic and it looks good from my side of the world. Teamed up with the PB12-Plus/2 it'll be nothing short of stellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks