What's new

SVS: PB12-Plus/2, PB12-Plus, or wait for the new PC-Ultra or PB13-Ultra? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hey fellas, would love to hear your thoughts, experiences, and recommendations on a new subwoofer from SVS.

I just purchased new speakers from av123.com...I went with Piano Rosewood finished x-cs (mains and center) and x-ls (rears). They will be shipping next week...I can't wait!

My current sub HAS to go! It's a JBL PB10...and it's okay, especially for being a sub that cost me under $175, nearly 7 years ago.

My Theater Room / Living Room is 15'Wx30'D (approximately), and opens up on the left side for about 15' for a hallway and also the front entryway. Cieling is ~10'ft.

So, as I'm thinking now...I would like to go with one of the following subs from SVS:

1. PB12-Plus/2 (~$1400 shipped - Overstock)

2. PB12-Plus (~$950 shipped - B Stock / Rosewood w/ slight small cracks)

3. PC-Ultra (~$1400 shipped)

4. PB13-Ultra (~$1500 shipped)

If I were to buy right now, choosing only from the 3 that are available now, I would probably pick choice #1.

If I were to wait, and I definitely can...I would probably pick choice #4...but ONLY if this new SVS PB13-Ultra will outperform the PB12-Plus/2...but if it won't...I'll just get it (the PB12-Plus/2) now!

Your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance!

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
i agree your choices are between #1 + #4. i'd lean towards #1 for sheer power and ability to move air.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You've got a pretty large room there. I would assume that the Plus/2 will provide more SPL, however the Ultra will provide (presumably) better sound quality.

You should really pose this question to SVS and see what they say given your room size. With either option you'll probably be thrilled compared to what you currently have, so you really can't go wrong.

CWiz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Webb
i got the b-stock rosewood pb12+ and love it, it has a ton of umph that i havent even really explored yet. if you can flip the bill though, go for the /2

u wont be disappointed by the pb12+ though. i think some kind of diminishing return will occur... will you really be getting like 70% more performance for 70% more money between option 2 and 4? its purely speculation but probably not.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well guys, this morning, after hours and hours of research - and taking into account everyone's recommendations and thoughts both here on the HTF, the AVS Forum, as well as the AV123 Forum...

I placed my order with SVS. I went with choice #2 from the above list, going with the PB12-Plus, B-Stock Rosewood from SVS.

Yesterday the price was $849 + shipping...and this morning, SVS had lowered it even further to $799 + shipping...so I pretty much jumped at the great price. It is going to have a few small cracks in the finish, but I think this will be okay...and hopefully it won't bug me too much :)

This will be my first SVS product, and I think 'm finally done upgrading things, at least for a couple hours anyway :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I, for one, Michael will be waiting anxiously to hear your review on the difference between your JBL and the SVS.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Mike, I'll definitely let you (and others) know what I find out once the SVS gets here. Another forum member here (Gary Shipley) recently upgraded from the JBL PB12 (which is an even better subwoofer than the JBL PB10 - when comparing those two anyway) to the SVS PB12-Plus, and he told me he was completely blown away on the upgrade.

So, I'm hoping I'll have a similair expereince for sure...

Stay tuned!

CWiz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Webb
we got the same sub :)

the $50 tax was a real bummer, but i couldnt turn down $250 off either
Enjoy!

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Hi Michael:

We appreciate your order - if you have any questions about set-up and calibration of your entire system, please ping me at Sales.

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the sub you were really looking for. I got the 12-plus/2 in Rosewood on B-stock around 2 months ago... nothing wrong with it either and i got it shipped for the price of the textured black before shipping. Mine is a little over kill but that is what i wanted i'm sure you'll be pleasd

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the purchase of your very first SVS! You will be pleasantly surprised, to say the least!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks