What's new
World Wide Stereo

SVS jam subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Dan Messner

Auditioning
A friend of mine loaned me an SVS jam subwoofer to try in my system. I am currently using a Yamaha RXV-2095 receiver with NHT Super Ones across the three front channels, NHT Super Zeroes on the front effects and surround channels and a passive Radio Shack 12" subwoofer powered by an Hafler DH-220 amplifier. I have tried connecting the SVS sub directly to my sub woofer output port and with a splitter to use in tandem with the radio shack sub.
When the SVS sub is connected I get a low level hum and a buzzing sound that can be heard through the three front channel speakers. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the hum and buzzing sounds?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What do you have the SVS plugged into? It does this even when the SVS is the only thing hooked to the sub pre-out?

What is a SVS "Jam"? Never heard of it.

Something to compliment the SVS Powered Box line perhaps. :confused:

At any rate, remove the splitter and the Radio Shack sub. Let the SVS run solo and see if it's still a problem.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What is a SVS "Jam"? Never heard of it.

Why I believe thats 3 35-31CS+'s John. Tell me your not Jammin with 3 of those:D

Sorry, I just had to say that.:b

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Why run an SVS with an RS sub anyway?

SVS subs can stand up for themselves.:)

Does it make the same noise without the splitter and the RS sub connected?

Jam? :confused:

ChrisBee

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Maybe he's spilled jam onto the subwoofer, and the subs going "mmmmmmmm" - that's nice jam! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks