What's new
World Wide Stereo

Bay Audio Jam Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Dan Messner

Auditioning
In my last post I stated the subwoofer I was trying to use was manufactured by SVS. This turned out to not be the case. The manufacturer is Bay Audio and the model is a JAM subwoofer. It is equipped with a 325 watt amp.
Anyway, the noise problem remains whether I run it in parallel with the hafler/radio shack sub combination or alone. Has anyone else had any experience with this subwoofer?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Never heard of them before, but it says (if I found the right site) single 10", 500W amp, -3dB at 25Hz and -6dB at 20Hz. Does that sound right? Unfortunately, they don't seem to have any more detailed info on it.

Are you using the same interconnects each time? Did the guy you got it from mention it had any problems prior to you taking it? It sounds like the sub has a problem to me.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Dan,

It sounds like you are connecting the subwoofer via speaker level inputs off of a 2 channel system? If so, double check to make sure you are using the speaker level inputs and not the outputs(on the subwoofer). Sometimes those are labeled so that it is easy to mistake one for the other.

EDIT that..just reread your thread from yesterday..:)

Have you tried both RCA inputs on the subwoofer? You may have one defective input(but the other may be fine).

Tom V.
SVS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks