What's new

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I love it when people talk about the commenters, not the topic of the thread. It lets you know that there isn't much worthwhile to be said.

You forgot to add " in your opinion " as i think the comments are very interesting.

Like this one guy who has just posted about not knowing who Robert Harris is then being shown his credentials, only to reply " i supose he is reliable but has only worked on six films, and how would he know what Susperia is supposed to look like "...................:eek:

Last edited:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
No one but you used the word "all" - but certainly there's a fair share of it going on over there, and it's much rarer than here, I have to tell you. I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to see that.

Last edited:

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Yeah, all those other people are so stupid. We're all so smart. This is the only worthwhile place on the internet.

I take it that was an attempt at sarcasm (not very well done to be honest). The facts have been pointed out to those posting over there on quite a few occasions, but still they will not or do not want to accept them, instead using there own expert knowlege of film restoration to bring into question those who might be actually involved in this version and experts who have seen it.............and will go out of their way to do so, simply because of their subjective opinion (and purchase validation of a sub par release). Some are saying i have watched my Italian release three times......well go on ya pal...........just goes to show you know sweet FA about what makes up a good restoration.

Steen DK

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steen
Oh, I think it's totally awesome that you guys spend time talking about other forums and arm-chair experts like Torsten Kaiser (who does that guy think he is?). And all those stupid screen-shot scientists over at THAT FORUM. Damn, they're so stupid.

Hey, have you guys seen those screen-shots from Synapse's Suspiria? Man, they sure look great. Much better than the screen-shots from the Italian BD.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Oh, I think it's totally awesome that you guys spend time talking about other forums and arm-chair experts like Torsten Kaiser (who does that guy think he is?). And all those stupid screen-shot scientists over at THAT FORUM. Damn, they're so stupid.

Hey, have you guys seen those screen-shots from Synapse's Suspiria? Man, they sure look great. Much better than the screen-shots from the Italian BD.
Neh we seen the Italian screenshots, they are not what Suspiria is supposed to look like as confirmed by the best in the business and if you do your research... Dario Argento..........the director.

PS
But hey who are we to argue...........if they used blue lighting in a scene and someone turns it Green because that is how it is supposed to look why should we even question it?

Last edited:

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Robert Harris, I take it?
Technicolor (who might know a thing or two), Synapse and quite a few others also, why .........do you need more confirmation or might that do for now?

PS
But wait we do not have the Synapse release yet, only screen grabs?

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
So a Technicolor representative came out in support of Synapse's screen-shots? I missed that one.
No, Technicolour are working (have worked) with Synapse on the restoration.....you might have missed that although that fact was mentioned on Bluray.Com, but got buried under all the BS?

Robert Harris, said we are in for a treat, why would i doubt that?

Steen DK

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steen
No, Technicolour are working (have worked) with Synapse on the restoration.....you might have missed that although that fact was mentioned on Bluray.Com, but got buried under all the BS?

Robert Harris, said we are in for a treat, why would i doubt that?
And Torsten Kaiser is working with the owners of the film. I guess we're at an impasse.

Why should you doubt Harris? Well, he thought the HD-DVD of Elizabeth looked fantastic, and later he told us that the BD was horribly filtered... But the two are identical. So I guess he's not flawless. Though I realise it's the opinion of this forum that he is.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
And Torsten Kaiser is working with the owners of the film. I guess we're at an impasse.

Why should you doubt Harris? Well, he thought the HD-DVD of Elizabeth looked fantastic, and later he told us that the BD was horribly filtered... But the two are identical. So I guess he's not flawless. Though I realise it's the opinion of this forum that he is.

I think you need to read into this a little more, as i said look at any of Dario Argento's interviews, look at the guys who invented the film stock that was used, look at the techniques for this transfer and those who have posted there thoughts on it especially those involved.......then look at the screen grabs, then can you honestly say the Torsten restoration or Italian release is correct........and as i have said we do not even have the Synapse release yet.
Robert is only human and i am sure like the rest of us is not infallible ( i think he got it right on the many major classics he worked on ) but by hell i will take his and others opinion over a few posters on an internet forum anyday.

PS
Steen, are you Torsten?

Last edited:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
This must be one HELL of an amazing movie considering all the bickering and bitching going on here and over "there" about it. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Personal comments are NOT welcome on this site.

Discussion about films and releases IS welcome here.

So, please, let's discuss the film/release and leave the personal attacks (whether about members, experts, or anyone else) somewhere else. Direct, personal comments will not be tolerated here and anyone who continues will face action by the moderating team.

Thank you.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce

Forgotten in all of this is the important point that it is not the OWNERS of the film who asked for or paid for this new 4K scan. That was done by - wait for it - Synapse. There is a disconnect here, I believe.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Who says the owners necessarily care one way or the other? Owning the rights to a film doesn't make them the creator of the film. If someone cares enough to put some extra effort into a transfer, that is a good thing in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks