Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
This is incredible news! If it's got correct colors and correct four-track stereo soundtrack, I'm in. As for extras, if they could somehow license and port over all the old Anchor Bay stuff from the three-disc edition, that would be fantastic. But I'd be happy with just proper A/V.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Vincent_P said:
Most Synapse titles are carried by Amazon and other on-line retailers who ship overseas, as well. There are only a few titles that are limited to direct-sale from Synapse themselves.
Yes, I should have said the vast majority of Synapse titles are normal retail products that can be found at all the usual places for U.K. importers: Amazon, importcds etc. It's only the Demons films that have been difficult for importers, because Synapse are only selling them through their site, and they do not provide international delivery. This is were Diabolik DVD comes in. Of course, no one knows right now if Suspiria will be a normal release or an expensive Synapse exclusive thing, but either way, having a friend in the U.S. buy it for you shouldn't be necessary.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Scanned to 4K now. So project is moving..."Right now, my goal is to analyze the 4K scan files, get them QC'd, assembled, base corrected and see how much restoration may be necessary on the neg, since it hasn't really been touched in a while. Technicolor was pleased with the results, but I have to have a look myself as soon as possible... I'm excited to get started.""Scanning the original SUSPIRIA camera negative in 4K came out to around 12TB of data... And we have to make sure we have it backed up (more than a FEW times)."https://m.facebook.com/193094600718553/photos/a.223878337640179.72639.193094600718553/880006742027332/?type=1&source=46&refid=17

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Well I certainly hope that this will be the "definitive" restoration of the film. Masterpiece, plain and simple.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Any update in regards to Tenebre and Phenomena? I thought I'd read where they were working on these as well.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Adkins said:
Any update in regards to Tenebre and Phenomena? I thought I'd read where they were working on these as well.
Being worked on, with TENEBRAE most likely to be released first.

Vincent

Brian Kidd

Premium
So good to see more movement on this. It is, by far, one of my most-anticipated upcoming releases. The color on the Synapse shots is dramatically different from the German BD. Skin tones are definitely more natural and color saturation is off the charts. It will be interesting to see how everything looks in motion. Here's hoping they're able to stick to their 2017 release. From the amount of time and effort that has been spent on this, nobody can ever accuse Don May of not loving the film.

Jonathan Perregaux

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I remember when I picked up the limited 3-disc Anchor Bay DVD years ago. I had no idea what it was, never heard of Dario Argento, but I did notice the packaging effort that included a soundtrack CD. I circled it for few weeks, then pulled the trigger. Aside from the description, I had NO IDEA what was to come. Cut to me watching it and MIND BLOWN.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I remember when I picked up the limited 3-disc Anchor Bay DVD years ago. I had no idea what it was, never heard of Dario Argento, but I did notice the packaging effort that included a soundtrack CD. I circled it for few weeks, then pulled the trigger. Aside from the description, I had NO IDEA what was to come. Cut to me watching it and MIND BLOWN.
I know what you mean as I have that release as part of my prized DVD releases :)

Regards,

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
As much as I've enjoyed watching it, I can't wait to be able to sell off the three disc DVD set.
I sold my set when news of a restored BD first came out. It's been about four years now, and I am dying to see Suspiria again. It was the film that introduced me to Argento's horror flicks, and I instantly became a big fan. If I can get this movie and Opera on BD, I will be a very happy fan.

Reactions: SAhmed and TravisR

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I had completely forgotten that Synapse had done a special edition of Phenomena as I had ordered Tenebrae from them early expecting it to sell out. When I realized the Phenomena disc was already released I expected not to be able to get it as it is a limited edition 3000 run...and these horror titles generally go quick. Went to their website and Phenomena was still available. So, that's now on the way and I can check that out as I wait for Suspiria to become available.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Having seen running footage, derived from the Synapse 4k scans of the OCN, I can tell you that fans are in for a treat.
I really can not wait for this release from Synapse. Just wondering how much it will be, i live in the UK and what with import duty etc it can put it out of my reach.:(

Reactions: SAhmed

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I had completely forgotten that Synapse had done a special edition of Phenomena as I had ordered Tenebrae from them early expecting it to sell out. When I realized the Phenomena disc was already released I expected not to be able to get it as it is a limited edition 3000 run...and these horror titles generally go quick. Went to their website and Phenomena was still available. So, that's now on the way and I can check that out as I wait for Suspiria to become available.
I had never seen the U.S. cut (Creepers) and was surprised to see that it made some smart editing choices that help the movie. Of course, there's other stuff cut that guts the movie so you want to go with one of the longer cuts.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really can not wait for this release from Synapse. Just wondering how much it will be, i live in the UK and what with import duty etc it can put it out of my reach.:(
I don't know if it'll be the case with Suspiria but Synapse uses Diabolik DVD to handle their international orders. Diabolik is charging $21 to ship Synapse's Popcorn steelbook release to the UK. I'd guess that that's a decent estimate of what it'll cost to ship Suspiria.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com

Reactions: tele1962

Jonathan Perregaux

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I just caught up with watching Phenomena. The picture looked very good and the soundtrack was just booming out that Iron Maiden (my favorite band). I wonder what Goblin thought of being supplanted by Maiden? The process shots were a bit dodgy, as one might expect, and a bit grainy in low-light scenes, but no biggie. I enjoyed it.

Jennifer Connolly looked like an angel. She managed to hold her own against maggots, a monkey, and Donald Pleasance. What more can you say really?

Reactions: Jimbo64

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashi123