Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Surely this release is not far off now, anyone got any news? I do know there is an Italian release out now and a German one in the next few weeks but from what i have seen the the Synapse is the one to go for IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo64

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
The comments came back when I posted that link. :)

I didn't say anything before but Synapse's caps look great to my untrained eye.
Sorry Travis missed your link. Strange that some are still defending the Italian release and the German restoration on other forums when IMO they are clearly wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: TravisR

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Been reading on another forum the frankly ridiculous observations some are making in trying to compare the Italian release and saying that is how it should look (as it is derived from the German restoration which is IMO equally flawed). :wacko:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
People are so ignorant when it comes to color - clearly the Synapse has correct color - it's beautiful in those images and sorry I don't think every item in a room should be green, do you? The big question is, this thread was begun four YEARS ago - how can it take this long to do something like this? It baffles me. :)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
People are so ignorant when it comes to color - clearly the Synapse has correct color - it's beautiful in those images and sorry I don't think every item in a room should be green, do you? The big question is, this thread was begun four YEARS ago - how can it take this long to do something like this? It baffles me. :)
At last we agree.;)

Reactions: SAhmed

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The big question is, this thread was begun four YEARS ago - how can it take this long to do something like this? It baffles me. :)
When the caps were posted last week. it reminded me how long it had been since I saw a Synapse ad in Fangoria or Horror Hound announcing some of their Argento titles. That being said, I think the delay is due to them working on Tenebrae and Phenomena first. And at $45 a movie, they probably don't want to release any more than one Argento movie a year so maybe they decided to just hold back on Suspiria for its 40th anniversary?

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Both Tenebrae and Phenomena from Synapse have been really great and so it will be day one pre-order as soon as possible for Suspiria. I have deliberately held off buying any hi def version as I knew this was coming from Synapse whose commitment to quality presentations to these was in doubt in my mind.

Regards,

Reactions: Randy Korstick

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
I own Synapse's release of Tenabrae, but did not pick up Phenomena. It's probably my least favorite of the popular Argento horror films, so I couldn't justify spending $45 for that title. Hopefully it comes out in a less expensive package later.

I will be ordering Suspiria once it's available, though. I've been looking forward to a quality HD release for a long time.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I have seen some mindless posts in my time on Bluray.Com regarding releases but the Synapse thread over there is full of some of the worst BS i have read in a long time regarding this release. I honestly feel sorry for the Guys at Synapse and their one guy who posting on there and being attacked from all angles when trying to defend their release....

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230401&page=137

What a complete bunch of jerks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have seen some mindless posts in my time on Bluray.Com regarding releases but the Synapse thread over there is full of some of the worst BS i have read in a long time regarding this release. I honestly feel sorry for the Guys at Synapse and their one guy who posting on there and being attacked from all angles when trying to defend their release....

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230401&page=137

What a complete bunch of jerks.
I'm sure there's plenty of good folks at blu-ray.com but the creeps make it so I stay away from there. That being said, Vincent periodically posts here at HTF and he doesn't seem like he takes a lot of shit so I imagine he's either ignoring the dopes or he's really getting into it with people there.

Reactions: tele1962

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I'm sure there's plenty of good folks at blu-ray.com but the creeps make it so I stay away from there. That being said, Vincent periodically posts here at HTF and he doesn't seem like he takes a lot of shit so I imagine he's either ignoring the dopes or he's really getting into it with people there.
It's Christian Muth who has been up against the flack for ages now from a few clueless individuals. But he has held his own.

Reactions: SAhmed and TravisR

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
That thread is pretty funny people point out facts over and over in the thread where the synapse version was rudely crapped on by Torsten but continue to deny it and defend him. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: tele1962

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Another hilarious thread - leading the usual charge is "Pecker" who does what he used to do here - demands an answer from Synapse as if they owe him or anyone else any answers. Entitled much, Pecker? And so many experts over there. As to Mr. Kaiser, I've certainly had my differences with him and I find him very defensive in the worst way. And everyone is talking about all these dye transfer prints - none of which, obviously, came from the United States since the final dye transfer prints here were done in 1974. So, who knows how those prints were done overseas and how careful the quality control was - even Europe was nearing the end of dye transfer printing by that time. Suspiria is a little intense for me as a watching experience, and certainly a little too violent for me, although I haven't seen it since the late 1970s so it's probably tamer now than it was then.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I love it when people talk about the commenters, not the topic of the thread. It lets you know that there isn't much worthwhile to be said.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaenergyus