What's new

Phenomena steelbook limited edition of 3,000 copies, Synapse exclusive (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just like their excellent Tenebrae release earlier this year, Synapse Films is releasing Phenomena in a steelbook edition limited to 3,000 copies which contains 2 Blu-rays and the soundtrack on CD.

Specs from Synapse:
Features
  • THREE differents cut of PHENOMENA, all available in high-definition for the first time ever in one collector's edition package!
  • Audio Commentary Track on PHENOMENA (110 Version) from Argento scholar and author, Derek Botelho and film historian, journalist and radio/television commentator, David Del Valle
  • Two completely different sound mix options on PHENOMENA (110 Version), including the original 2.0 stereo mix, along with a rare alternate mix containing different sound effects and music cues.
  • English/Italian Hybrid Audio and Complete Italian Audio Options for PHENOMENA (116 Version)
  • DARIO ARGENTO’S WORLD OF HORROR – Documentary. A fascinating look at the early films of director Dario Argento, including PHENOMENA, SUSPIRIA, DEMONS, DAWN OF THE DEAD, INFERNO and many more! Containing candid interviews and awesome behind-the-scenes footage, DARIO ARGENTO’S WORLD OF HORROR gives us a look into the mind of Italy’s Master of Horror and is an essential viewing experience for all Argento fans.
  • Interview with Andi Sex Gang
  • PHENOMENA – International Theatrical Trailer
  • CREEPERS – U.S. Theatrical Trailer & Radio Spots
  • Optional English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard for Hearing on PHENOMENA (110 Version and CREEPERS Version)
  • Multiple optional subtitle selections on PHENOMENA (116 Version), including one for just the foreign English language segments of the hybrid version, complete English subtitles for the entire feature, and complete English subtitles for the Italian version of the film.
  • "EXCLUSIVE" Synapse Films PHENOMENA CD Soundtrack - This original motion picture soundtrack contains the complete 16 track Goblin instrumental score for PHENOMENA, along with four additional music tracks from Andi Sex Gang and Simon Boswell. This CD, exclusively available from Synapse Films, is the first time these music tracks have been included on the same CD compilation.

Available here: http://synapse-films.com/dvds/horror/phenomena-collectors-edition-steelbook/

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Snapped it up. Phenomena will sit proudly with my other giallo titles, including Tenebrae.

I freakin' can't wait for the restored Suspiria they're working on. I'd like to see them do Opera as well, so I can retire (but still keep) my Anchor Bay DVDs.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Having never seen this one, I ordered it sight unseen when announced. (I loved Synapse's release of Tenebrae.) Looks like I'll be enjoying it within the next few days. Great fun ahead!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
And here it is, in today's post -- a thing of beauty, and tonight's pleasure. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I got mine on Friday and watched it. Another top notch release from Synapse.

I vastly prefer the look of the 110 minute version as opposed to the Argento-approved look of the 116 minute version.

I had never seen the Creepers/83 minute version before and while it's like they took a chainsaw to the movie, a few of the cuts actually picked up the pace a little bit. It's a wild dream-like movie to begin with and chopping out more than 30 minutes certainly didn't make it easier to follow.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I got mine! Always neat to have another Goblin CD. The one that came with the 3-disc Suspiria DVD is a treasure.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I got mine on Friday and watched it. Another top notch release from Synapse.

I vastly prefer the look of the 110 minute version as opposed to the Argento-approved look of the 116 minute version.

I had never seen the Creepers/83 minute version before and while it's like they took a chainsaw to the movie, a few of the cuts actually picked up the pace a little bit. It's a wild dream-like movie to begin with and chopping out more than 30 minutes certainly didn't make it easier to follow.

I think the best cut of the film probably falls somewhere between CREEPERS and the 110-minute cut. While I think CREEPERS cut too much out, many of the dialogue scenes work better in that cut. They just go on and on and ON in the 110-minute and 116-minute cuts.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks