What's new

Supergirl - season 2 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a good episode, but calling this part one of the CW crossover event isn't really fair. Other than a minute at the end, it had nothing to do with the crossover.

Who else thinks Mon-El is the prince?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was a good episode, but calling this part one of the CW crossover event isn't really fair. Other than a minute at the end, it had nothing to do with the crossover.

Who else thinks Mon-El is the prince?

We did see attempts to crossover in a few points in the episode, but yes nothing integral in the crossover event.

Yes, I think Mon-El switched roles in his origin story.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Enjoyed the episode very much. Yes, Jon'n's cure was pretty much thrown away instead of milking it for some drama, but I continue to like Lena Luthor and anticipate her storylines.

Since I watch the show anyway, I wasn't bothered that the crossover event was relegated to the final minute or two. SUpergirl doesn't exist in the same timeline/dimension so I wasn't letdown, but I'm sure others who don't normally watch the show were angry.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don't know the story of Supergirl or Mon-El as told in the comics. But I was a little troubled they are going down this romance road again with Supergirl. I thought she realized her life of crime fighting was a full time job. My guess is Mon-El's true background will be revealed and he won't be able to wine and dine Kara. I actually thought he was going to die from the Medusa. There's already a lot of characters they are dealing with.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I don't know the story of Supergirl or Mon-El as told in the comics. But I was a little troubled they are going down this romance road again with Supergirl.

I think the writers realized there was going to be a problem with the Supergirl/Jimmy romance, so they had to put that on hold and bring in a super-powered man like Mon-El to solve the super-hymen problem.

I'm sure Kara and Jimmy will get together again once Mon-El has come and gone.

Last edited:

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I thought Kara and Cat's older son Adam had great chemistry. I'd like to see him brought back.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought Kara and Cat's older son Adam had great chemistry. I'd like to see him brought back.
I hope they have chemistry! They're married (offscreen)!

They performed Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe" together live for some benefit show, and it's just about the most adorable thing ever:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
They performed Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe" together live for some benefit show, and it's just about the most adorable thing ever:

Well, they got each other no longer. Benoist and Jenner are splitsville, according to web reports. "Irreconciliable differences."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm here for the crossover.

Again, Supergirl delivers an inferior crossover episode for the non-regular viewer. Somehow, every Arrow crossover delivers an integrated episode that is compelling but also accessible to the non-regular viewers. But Supergirl's "crossover" was a dirty trick that draw in audience, yet failed to provide an accessible episode to the new viewer.

It convinced me to avoid supergirl "crossovers" in the future.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It convinced me to avoid supergirl "crossovers" in the future.
This was a marketing fail on The CW's part; the producers were clear in press interviews that it was a 3-part crossover featuring Supergirl that began on "The Flash" and ended on "Legends of Tomorrow". The final scene, mostly duplicated on "The Flash", was merely meant to be a teaser for the crossover. It was the network that insisted on marketing it as as 4-night crossover event.

There is supposed to be a true "Supergirl"/"The Flash" crossover coming in the back half of the season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Renewed for Season 3

EDIT - Press Release:

THE CW PICKS UP SEVEN CURRENT SERIES FOR 2017-18 SEASON

255aed3746bf18efed0b4d03d7dccba9.jpg

THE CW PICKS UP SEVEN CURRENT SERIES
FOR 2017-18 SEASON

Network Gives Early Renewals for Next Season to “Arrow,” “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,”
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Jane The Virgin,”
Supergirl” and “Supernatural”

January 8, 2017 (Pasadena, CA) — The CW Network has given early renewals to seven of its primetime series for the 2017-2018 season. The announcement was made today during the network’s session at the Television Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW.

“Over the past several seasons, The CW has built a schedule of proven performers, from our lineup of DC superheroes, to critically acclaimed comedies, to sci-fi dramas,” said Pedowitz. “Early pickups of these seven series now allow our producers to plan ahead for next season, and gives us a solid base to build on for next season, with original scripted series to roll out all year long.”

The series being ordered for the 2017-2018 season include ARROW (Season 6), CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Season 3), DC’s LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Season 3), THE FLASH (Season 4), JANE THE VIRGIN (Season 4), SUPERGIRL (Season 3), and SUPERNATURAL (Season 13). Specific premiere dates for each series will be announced at a later time.

Art is available online at http://www.cwtvpr.com, as well as the latest releases,
biographies and other relevant press information for all The CW’s programs

Media Contacts:

Paul Hewitt, 818/977-6171
[email protected]

Alana Russo, 818/977-5993
[email protected]

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is not a surprise, but welcome news nonetheless. Supergirl continues to be a delight.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see this.

Would love to see Superman in two more eps this season as well (as has been somewhat rumored.)

Speaking of Superman, when asked right after this renewal announcement if we might see a Berlanti produced Superman series in the future, Berlanti danced all around the response leading to lots of speculation that it could be under discussion.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Having made such a stupendous choice for a young Superman and having him share such strong chemistry with his cousin, they'd be fools not to bring him back occasionally if they aren't going to give him his own show. I know the contract restricts his number of appearances, but I'd use him every chance I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks